No announcement yet.

Select Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's go time! There are two seasons in our household...baseball season and hunting season. High school season is now officially underway. Boys start the season with a top 10 preseason rank in 6A so now it's time to play up to it. My youngest (14u) starts his season next Sat and they'll have a target on their back all year with Perfect Game having them ranked the best in the country. Should be an exciting season. Play ball! Go Pokes!

And as mentioned above....Mike Matheny's email to parents is one every baseball parent should read.

Comment

Only 2 weeks till our first tournament

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by tonyt79 View Post
        Only 2 weeks till our first tournament

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        same here, the triple crown season opener, looks like we will be in grapevine.

Comment

our first tourney is first week of march...

Comment

Dynasty Baseball - Walker. We will be a 12U but may do some 13U tourneys for fun. Just going to play fun ball this year. Hope to see you guys around the DFW area.

Comment

My son is 8U playing in Round Rock. Honestly at that age I'd rather teach him the fundamentals the best I can (I coached select, did private lessons, and played some pro ball) and let him have fun. If wants to make the jump to select when he's a bit older I'll support that as long as it's his choice.

Comment

Good luck to yall - Son tried out and made a 10u team for the first time, but decided he would rather play flag football with his friends.

Enjoy it while it lasts.

Comment

My son plays in Beaumont this weekend. The Baron's out of Baytown.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                    Good programs never have coaches with kids on the teams. I would not have my kid on a team with a parent coaching. We have 3 coaches that all have day jobs and their xtra job is coaching baseball

Not true at all

Comment

Originally posted by raider19 View Post
                      Not true at all
                      agree, at least in the ages i am familiar with. it may be true at older ages but i know a couple 8-10u teams around here with dad coaches that keep the same roster every year and are very competitive.

Comment

We are at Baseball USA in HTown this weekend. 12UAAA

Comment

We have been practicing for a few weeks now. Basketball ended so we are full steam ahead now. Our first tournament is not until the end of March but I may add another in March once I see how well we progress. Good luck with your season

Comment

I've got a 6yo playing his first tourney of the spring today, I'm going to miss it coaching my 9yo's basketball team though.[emoji16]

Next week I'll be missing this one's last 2 basketball games for my 9yo's first baseball tournament[emoji57]

He's ready...
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	20170225_094753.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	24486124
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	20170225_094830.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	24486125

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk