Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World's Longest Bathroom Remodel DONE! Pic Heavy!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

World's Longest Bathroom Remodel DONE! Pic Heavy!!

Well, this bathroom remodel took way longer than my wife and I either anticipated, but it's finally done! We started with basically a 1977 bathroom and features. Overall, we gutted the entire thing and started all over from the floor up, literally to the ceiling. I'll try to post pics with descriptions and all on each pic to document the journey.

These first pics are what we started with of what it looked like when we bought the place.

When we started, we basically tore out all the built in cabinets and vanities, vinyl flooring and shower down to the studs.

Once we got everything torn out and cleaned up, it was time to rebuild with new sheetrock in a few places, removing a couple furr downs and of course, re-building the entire shower from the studs out. New backer board, pan, liner and tile.

We tore out all of the original vinyl and replaced with a tile that looks like a natural stone variety.

We covered all the walls in shiplap, and my wife found a really neat ceiling tile that is actually plastic made to look like old metal stamped ceiling tile.

And that brings us to as it sits presently. Had the guys come out today to measure for the new shower door as that is the last thing we have left to do and then it will be 100% done. We found an entertainment center base that I cut out the sink holes and it fits perfectly and is 3" taller than before.

It was quite the process from start to finish with new floor tile, wall coverings, electrical outlets and switches, new light fixture, vanity with sinks, tiling the shower and all new trim top to bottom.

That looks great. How hard was the shower and the shower pan to install?

Comment

Crazy nice So is this your first undertaking at something like this? or was it a something you have done before? Looks like you knew what you were doing is why I ask.

Comment

Very nice job. Looks great

Comment

What's that on the walls? Wood, tile, something that looks awesome?

Comment

That’s awesome!

Comment

Good job. Where did you get the shiplap? We need some for our cabin.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Really like the vanity and the mirrors

Comment

Originally posted by Lonestar_HOYT View Post
                  That looks great. How hard was the shower and the shower pan to install?
                  Shower was by far the hardest part. Pan wasn't too bad, just have to take your time with it.

Comment

Originally posted by CrookedArrow View Post
                    Crazy nice So is this your first undertaking at something like this? or was it a something you have done before? Looks like you knew what you were doing is why I ask.
                    We've done a good bit of remodel work but this was the first time attempting a shower.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammerdown15 View Post
                      What's that on the walls? Wood, tile, something that looks awesome?
                      Shiplap boards on the walls.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                        Good job. Where did you get the shiplap? We need some for our cabin.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                        Got the shiplap boards at Home Depot. They are the primed boards and super easy to work with.

Comment

Good job

Comment

Man, that looks sharp!

Comment

Awesome job

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X