Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking forward to getting back.

Comment

Heading to Loma Alta tomorrow. Any news as to how the deer movement is. I'm pumped either way.

Comment

Originally posted by TP3 View Post
        Nice deer. Whereabouts in v.v. are you fulmer?
        We are off Dolan creek road a little ways, go about 10 miles down Dolan creek road and then turn off and take ranch roads about another 10 miles to the north.

Comment

Originally posted by CoolHandLuke View Post
          Heading to Loma Alta tomorrow. Any news as to how the deer movement is. I'm pumped either way.
          Had been out there personally but the guys I hunt with said they are starting to move pretty good but still not rutting yet. Little bucks are trying to chase does they said but does still aren't ready. Later this week or next week should be rutting.

Comment

On my way to drop my son off at Chavira school today that's the school close to the moody ranch saw the green truck picking up a nice heavy buck off the side of the road just bearly on the edge of town never seen bucks that close to town .... I'm taking tomorrow off and Monday also gonna play the waiting game!!!

Comment

just got back.....sunday afternoon had opportunity on a big 10....but I couldn't close the deal.....it was real slow after that....im sure with this cold setting in it will b good.
              im still devastated & went back to the same spot for the next 3 days but he never came back....ug!
              I don't think I will make it back this year...kids and work are maxing me out of time and money.....but post yalls pics and that will help me deal with it...suerte

Comment

The bucks were starting to rut pretty good, I passed on alot of decent ones and took a 3.5 yr old cull 6 pt., Rut probably in full swing NOW but I had to come back.

Comment

Originally posted by blntrey3 View Post
                  The bucks were starting to rut pretty good, I passed on alot of decent ones and took a 3.5 yr old cull 6 pt., Rut probably in full swing NOW but I had to come back.
                  I just got back Tuesday night. My brother killed an 8 that was previously wounded. All 3 of us saw shooters but nobody connected. Thinned a few hogs out.
                  I didn't see any bucks chasing does and nothing came to horns except a couple scrubs. But we are south and west of yall. Can't get back till after Christmas. Hopefully some late does will be coming into heat as I was still seeing fawns really late this year.

Comment

My buddy sent me this pic of a cruising buck out at Lake Amistad not high fence/low fence this buck is a no fence buck!!!!!!! he is a big old buck its a phone pic so not to clear but u can tell its definitely a Shooter!!! To bad he's not on one of the " designated hunting areas" head be laid out!!!!
                    Attached Files

Comment

My neighbors killed 2 Ten points that were chasing, and one of them got a Huge Aoudad

Comment

I just found this thread.

My family's place is down the Miers Ranch road just north of the border patrol checkpoint on 277.

Saw some young buck activity over Thanksgiving. Been here this week since wednesday. Watched a nice 8 and young 6 try their hardest to run does but the chase didnt last very long and all came back to the feeders. Looks like the does are finished, until secondary rut starts.

Comment

victor! what side of the lake was that pic taken on?

Comment

Originally posted by Creedmore View Post
                            I just found this thread.

My family's place is down the Miers Ranch road just north of the border patrol checkpoint on 277.

Saw some young buck activity over Thanksgiving. Been here this week since wednesday. Watched a nice 8 and young 6 try their hardest to run does but the chase didnt last very long and all came back to the feeders. Looks like the does are finished, until secondary rut starts.

I may try to get back one more time, hope they are moving..........

Comment

They were running good last week. We killed an 11 Friday at noon and a 12 Saturday morning. Both running does.

Comment

I've had real good luck the past few years as well the week after Christmas during the secondary.

Comment

Working...
                                X