Shooting broadheads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shooting broadheads

I was trying out different broadheads tonight. And I think I may be just a touch over spined. Tell me what you think.
    Shooting hoyt GM 2 shooting 50# at 28. I bought some new blemishes arrows off ebay.

I'm shooting a full length GT 400 with 100 gr insert with a 125 gr head magnus stinger 4blade Seems that if my release isn't perfect I Not just a touch left. Maybe 2"

The 150 are closer maybe 3/4 to a full inch which are the Wendell woodsman

Then the zwicky 170 gr deltas. Which cut a bottle cap 2x tonight.

I might be answering my own question but is it BH design or weight that you guys are seeing this.

Sounds like you just need to tune your rest a hair. I'm no spine expert but I'd say you might be under spined with 250 grains up front. If I were you I'd tweak my rest a little then see what happens.

Comment

You saying make my rest follow the arrow?

Comment

Originally posted by DWA View Post
        You saying make my rest follow the arrow?
        He saying you can add material to the rest. The wall side build it out just a little.

Comment

Thats,what I'm saying I shoot off an adjustable flipper.

Comment

I would be really surprised if a full length 400 arrow is overspined with that much weight up front. I am shooting a 47# bow with 400's cut 29.25" with 100 gr. inserts and a 125 Thunderhead and they fly like a dart. My arrows are Cabela's Branded arrows made by Beman.

Wayne

Comment

I think 400 is too stiff for a 50# bow....just for grins try 500 and see how it flies.

Comment

Depends on how much you have up front and the length of the arrow. My 47# bow shoots great with the 400's I am shooting. I can also shoot 500's cut at 28.5" and 225 up front.
                The 400's I am shooting weight just over 500gr total weight.

Wayne

Comment

All this really has to do with it center shot of the bow. I know my longbow, (a Hill style bow) shooting off the rest, a 500 spine arrow with 100 grain brass insert and 170 grain Zwickey is a good match, and arrows are cut 29" I draw 27" bow is 51# @ my draw. My longbow is not a center shot bow. My arrows have to Flex around the riser just a little. To me after reading your post I personally think you may be right on with the slightly overspined arrow. I shot some 600 spined arrows with the same set-up as above and they fly PERFECT. Carbon reacts very fast, leave your arrows a little longer or like Billy Shipp said, try a weaker spine.

Comment

I bareshaft them before I arrived at the setup and showed barely stiff. I'm going to add some weight to the back of the insert and try there.

Comment

Working...
                    X