Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cape Buffalo with a longbow. Let the adventure begin!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What an accomplishment ! To do it with a rifle is cool enough, but to do it with a bow is off the charts. My hat is off to you Sir ! Congrats on your buff, (taken without a following shot from the PH), the coup-de-grace up close and personal, and an experience that will be with you for the rest of your life. You are now a member of a very small club. Good luck on the rest of your hunt.

Comment

Sweet!!! Thanks for posting the extra pictures

Comment

Thats so cool, man!!!
        I know many hunters (rifle and bow)that make fun of me for hunting with my longbow and recurve. Some say its a sling shot, other tell me powder has been invented.
        I just tell them that they can hunt with whatever they like, I’ll hunt with whatever I enjoy the most.
        This here is a great example of what can be done with traditional equipment.

Comment

Amazing story ! I definitely enjoyed following along !
          Congratulations on a well deserved animal !!!

Comment

WOW!!!!

What an amazing journey from beginning to end!

Congratulations on the animal and THANK YOU for sharing this adventure with us!

Comment

Congrats this adventure will last for many years as you relive it telling it to your kids!

Comment

Congrats again, Shiloh! Thanks, also, for those internal pictures, showing the formidable armor on that beast. Glad to see that the same broadheads I use are capable of penetrating such a thick wall of skin and bone with fatal result. Great shooting!

What were the final specs on the arrows? May have missed it.

Comment

I hope you send a copy of the DRYAD picture to Wingnut. I'm sure there's a fee for you in there with that new promotional add.

Comment

Great Buff, great story and great pics Medman. That blue lit pic with the buff is really cool. Im really glad you got to make the follow on kill shot.

Id like to hear about your final setup too.

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
                      Great Buff, great story and great pics Medman. That blue lit pic with the buff is really cool. Im really glad you got to make the follow on kill shot.

Id like to hear about your final setup too.

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
                      Congrats again, Shiloh! Thanks, also, for those internal pictures, showing the formidable armor on that beast. Glad to see that the same broadheads I use are capable of penetrating such a thick wall of skin and bone with fatal result. Great shooting!

What were the final specs on the arrows? May have missed it.

Final arrow setup was a Easton Full metal jacket 250 Dangerous Game shaft with 4 4” parabolic feathers cut to 28 1/2” with brass insert (75gr I believe) and a 300gr tuffhead broadhead topped with a lighted nock. Total arrow weight was 910gr shooting 168fps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MEsquivel View Post
                        Thats so cool, man!!!
                        I know many hunters (rifle and bow)that make fun of me for hunting with my longbow and recurve. Some say its a sling shot, other tell me powder has been invented.
                        I just tell them that they can hunt with whatever they like, I’ll hunt with whatever I enjoy the most.
                        This here is a great example of what can be done with traditional equipment.

I couldn’t agree with you more my friend. I’ll never knock another fella from hunting with whatever weapon they choose so long as it’s legal and they are happy with it. Heck, I even like breaking out the powder burners every now an then and letting loose on a critter. But, there is absolutely NOTHING COMPARABLE to seeing an arrow fly out of a traditional bow and seeing it hit the exact spot you are looking at! And if there is something to compare it to, I haven’t found it yet!

Originally posted by shortstroke 91 View Post
                        I hope you send a copy of the DRYAD picture to Wingnut. I'm sure there's a fee for you in there with that new promotional add.

Haha! Don’t know about all the promotional ads business, but I have talked to mike to let him know the bow performed well.

Comment

Congrats on an incredible accomplishment.

Comment

Originally posted by MedicineMan7 View Post
                            Final arrow setup was a Easton Full metal jacket 250 Dangerous Game shaft with 4 4” parabolic feathers cut to 28 1/2” with brass insert (75gr I believe) and a 300gr tuffhead broadhead topped with a lighted nock. Total arrow weight was 910gr shooting 168fps.

Awesome! Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Looks like it might be time for a new avatar pic, huh Shiloh?

Comment

Wow what an incredible story. Congratulations on the trophy of a lifetime! So epic! Love the frame by frame arrow impacts. Really enjoyed following this thread and glad you were successful in achieving your dream.

Comment

Working...
                                X