ADL to BDL conversion issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ADL to BDL conversion issue

I am converting an older .270 from ADL to BDL and dropping into a Hogue stock with an aluminum bedding block.

When I go to tighten the front (shorter) Action screw it locks down the bolt less than 20lbs of torque.

Is there an even shorter screw? Or what are thoughts?

TIA

Led

Are u saying the screw is enterfering with the bolt movement due to contact from being too long??

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
      Are u saying the screw is enterfering with the bolt movement due to contact from being too long??
      Yes sir.

Comment

I normally shorten them myself...although brownells may offer a shorter one available.

DIY: put on a nut or two on the screw before filing....helps getting any threads that get boogered back into shape by simply removing / working them over the filed end. I usually mark with a sharpie & file one full turn thread & check. Pretty easy process.

Comment

I normally shorten them myself...although brownells may offer a shorter one available.

DIY: put on a nut or two on the screw before filing....helps getting any threads that get boogered back into shape by simply removing / working them over the filed end. I usually mark with a sharpie & file one full turn thread & check. Pretty easy process.
          Artos---thanks for that tip. Filed away for later if/when needed.

Comment

X2 on this. I use a Dremel to shorten by grinding or a cutting wheel. Run a nut on screw before filing. As Paul said, it will clean up threads after.

Comment

Working...
            X