Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fort worth ex officer?

more than 10 years for this one?

That woman was murdered in her own home...

Comment

apparently everytime an officer shoots someone its murder...no questions asked.

He will probably get life

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post

Yeah, it’s definitely frustrating to see. Though from looking into this one, there’s definitely something sketchy about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I don't know what else you would call this one. It's bad.

Comment

Judging from his own body cam footage he should get life in prison if its unaltered.

Comment

I feel like the City of FTW acted appropriately and swiftly...justice will be served and maybe that can help show there's faith in our system....

Comment

We may not know all the facts but it certainly looks indefensible at this point. What do you think the chances are he will claim accidental discharge? I've heard some speculate that he raised his weapon toward what he perceived as a threat, had his finger inside the trigger guard and it went off (?) Seems plausible I suppose - not that it will make any difference, especially since the chief made it clear how many times he didnt follow procedure.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                  We may not know all the facts but it certainly looks indefensible at this point. What do you think the chances are he will claim accidental discharge? I've heard some speculate that he raised his weapon toward what he perceived as a threat, had his finger inside the trigger guard and it went off (?) Seems plausible I suppose - not that it will make any difference, especially since the chief made it clear how many times he didnt follow procedure.
                  I will make no difference

Comment

Well, maybe just when you shoot a person in their own house, when they are not doing anything illegal (I know it was not her house, but she was there with the owners consent).

Or do you go with the, "Woops, my bad, sorry i killed you" defense and we then hand out the "**** happens" acquittal.

Sorry people, actions have consequences. Shooting people for playing video games in a house they have a right to be in is BS, regardless of the shirt you are wearing.

All my statements assume the facts are fairly close to what is being reported, and there has not been some fast and loose editing going on

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                      I made the accident defense a couple of days ago on another forum.

If he can get a jury to believe it, it would probably reduce it to a Criminally Negligent Homicide with a two year maximum sentence.

What will probably trip him up is if his original report or statement does not say that. If he wrote or gave a statement that... I thought she was a threat so I fired a shot... he negates his future defense of it being an accident, in my opinion.

Comment

I have no clue what you guys are talking about

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
                          I made the accident defense a couple of days ago on another forum.

If he can get a jury to believe it, it would probably reduce it to a Criminally Negligent Homicide with a two year maximum sentence.

What will probably trip him up is if his original report or statement does not say that. If he wrote or gave a statement that... I thought she was a threat so I fired a shot... he negates his future defense of it being an accident, in my opinion.
                          x2. Watching the body cam, I saw no threat. He shot as soon as his pistol was all the way up, which did look like an AD. He shot too soon & I do believe it was an AD but once he says/said he felt a threat, that goes out the window & it's murder. He was amped up & didn't control his actions appropriately.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                              Cop shot and killed a lady through the window of a house she had a right to be in. Never announced he was popo, said, "let me see your hands" and almost instantaneously shot.

Least that is the way it's looking

Comment

Working...
                              X