Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which travel credit card to rack up points?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which travel credit card to rack up points?

Starting a new job that’s going to have a good amount of weekly travel and I’m wanting to get the most out of the rewards as possible. Was curious for those who travel which card do you have and which is the best?

Will be flying southwest and delta the most and staying marriott probably. Have a southwest card and the rewards aren’t that impressive. Delta has a few cars and marriott has theirs along however Chase having their sapphire reserve and citi having their venture cards both look good.

I’m basically wanting a card that can rack up points to have future vacations paid for (flying and hotel stay wise).

Searching shows a lot of good info, especially from thegrouse, but haven’t seen anything in about a year so seeing if anything has changed.

Marriott Platinum Rewards VISA. We have one and really enjoy their program.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Chase Sapphire Reserve

Comment

Southwest if you fly ever

Comment

If you are not willing to constantly get new cards you are best off with a straight 2% cash back card. The cards that have bonus spending for travel generally have an annual fee that is hard to offset. A cash back card gives you the greatest flexibility. My credit union has a 2% cash back card with no annual fee and no foreign transaction fee.

If you like perks and don't mind paying an annual fee the AMEX Platinum is what I would use. You get 5X back points on airfare booked through AMEX travel and through the airlines directly. You get AMEX Centurion lounge access and Priority Pass lounge access. I have drank plenty of top shelf liquor in the Centurion lounges so I don't mind paying the fee. All food and drink is free. IAH has a Centurion lounge. You also get Gold Marriot status and can use the Delta Sky Club lounges when flying Delta. You get free roadside assistance/towing 4 times a year. You get $200 of airline and $200 of Uber credit a year plus $100 credit towards Saks 5th Ave and Global Entry paid for. You do have a steep annual for of $550 so you will have to weigh out the benefits.

Comment

Originally posted by outlook8 View Post
            Chase Sapphire Reserve
            This. While I still have my American World Elite. I've literally put every bill on Sapphire. Of I had to pick on them their Clubs they affiliate with SUCK!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by lmartin5 View Post
              Marriott Platinum Rewards VISA. We have one and really enjoy their program.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Same here

Comment

I have Southwest's card. I have flown 42 times in a row now without paying.

Comment

I use SWA for my business. My wife uses Marriott. Both have treated us well for summer vaca’s.

Comment

Go to nerdwallwt.com. This site will brake them all down for you and let you know what you will receive or not receive. Best thing I did. God Bless!

Comment

I apologize, should read nerdwallet.com

Comment

Working...
                      X