Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you have fire insurance?........

Comment

Okrattler, curious, do they not shed 1-3 times a year pending region and diet?

Comment

I would say at least a 100 or so around that area.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
          Okrattler, curious, do they not shed 1-3 times a year pending region and diet?
          Yes generally they do. Up here depending on how healthy the snake is and how often they're eating I'd say 2 times a year is pretty average. A snake in South Texas would more than likely shed more times a year than that just because it doesn't get as cold and they can eat more. That also shows in the size of the snakes. Western Diamondbacks closer to Mexico will grow to a larger size than a snake of the same species that's closer to Oklahoma. Not that they can't or won't. It just takes them a lot longer to reach 6'+.

Comment

Did a little reading and research on baby rattles. I once stepped over a log while pouring out deer corn only to look down and see a head sticking out from under the log 4" from the heal of my rubber boot. I just pulled my foot away and rolled the log over. It was a baby. It had just eaten something, maybe a cricket or small frog. It had only one button on the end like this. I had always thought it was a single button. But now know better after a little reading.

Comment

Tis the season for babies.....be careful everyone.

Comment

Burn the place down, take no chances

Comment

I do appreciate the info OK. Now I’m sufficiently freaked out. [emoji51]
                  I did do a thorough sweep of the entire yard. Pretty much flipped over everything that could be moved. I even sharpened the shovel before hand! I’ve got two cats that are stone cold killers. Hopefully they will do their job!

-------------------------------
                  Violence never settles anything
                  -Genghis Kahn

Comment

Originally posted by Stoof View Post
                    I do appreciate the info OK. Now I’m sufficiently freaked out. [emoji51]
                    I did do a thorough sweep of the entire yard. Pretty much flipped over everything that could be moved. I even sharpened the shovel before hand! I’ve got two cats that are stone cold killers. Hopefully they will do their job!

-Genghis Kahn
                    The cats got you covered sir!

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                      The cats got you covered sir!

They kill more doves than I do!

-Genghis Kahn

Comment

Originally posted by Stoof View Post
                        This little snake was curled up right outside the garage door last night. If I got one this size hanging out, what’s the chances there are more?

-Genghis Kahn
                        oh hell no brother! Id be doing perimeter checks every 45min.

Comment

Hiram will have that his dead before the cats if you give him that blowgun from the ranch.

Comment

Check the toilet and under the sinks

Comment

I know how you feel. Here is #67 and 68 that I've killed in the 22 years we've lived here.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Pretty good motivation for lawn maintenance. I mean, like, bare-ground-scorched-earth-for 75 yards from house in all directions. No wood piles, no scrap roofing materials, no dead brush -- heck no grass higher than 1-1/2".

Or else burn the whole place to the ground....

Forgot to ask: is house on slab (I hope) or pier and beam (please, not that)?

Comment

Working...
                                X