Trad For The Wife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trad For The Wife

My wife and I were out in the back yard last night shooting with the kids. She tried the recurve, but at 42lbs it's a little stout.

What draw weight should I look at getting her? She is a Tall woman 5'10". Athletic, but does not have trad muscles yet.

She did say that she does not want a compound. The graceful nature of the trad gear appeals to her more and gets her in touch with her Native American heritage.

Comment

Look into a Samick Sage #30-35 to start. You can buy heavier limbs for it later.

Comment

Originally posted by Deb View Post
        Look into a Samick Sage #30-35 to start. You can buy heavier limbs for it later.
        or check out the classifieds around the "net". alot of the bow shops have used bows for sale too.

congrats. ain't nothin like have'n your best buddy shoot'n with ya....

Comment

I got my GF a 30# PSE Buckeye off ebay for $100.

Comment

My wife is really enjoying my old Samick Sage, she only has a 26" draw and the 25# limbs are perfect for her. She has no intention of hunting but if she ever changes her mind I can get a new set of limbs for around $70!

Comment

X2 on the sage... My gf is 5'9 and shoots a 52 pound compound and I got her a 35 pound sage and it's just right for her

Comment

You guys with the shooting honeys are lucky!! Great to have that kind of company to shoot with you. I bought a 30# Sage for my wife and it was perfect, however she quit shooting.

Comment

Originally posted by trad"Doc"53 View Post
                  You guys with the shooting honeys are lucky!! Great to have that kind of company to shoot with you. I bought a 30# Sage for my wife and it was perfect, however she quit shooting.
                  Hey, what am I , chopped liver? I shoot with you ever chance I get.

Comment

You interested in sellin that sage sir? Lol

Comment

The only thing I can get my wife to shoot is a camera

I wish she would pick up a bow and learn to shoot, but she enjoys just watching us.
                      She has quail hunted with me though and said she would shoot a turkey (shotgun).

I concur with the 35# Samick Sage for her. Great starter bow that has upgradable limbs.

J.P.

Comment

Working...
                      X