Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hidden GPS Tracker Recommendations

Hey Everybody,

I'm about to take delivery on a new Kawasaki Mule Pro FX that will reside at the deer lease. The lease is secure, but I would like to have the peace of mind of adding a GPS tracker to the side by side. I would assume that a hardwired unit would be best. Any recommendations?

Thanks!

Don't know about a GPS tracker but put a few of these in the glove box as a backup.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Tracker View Post
      Don't know about a GPS tracker but put a few of these in the glove box as a backup.
      nice after market feature

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Tracker View Post
        LOL!

Comment

Trackimo.

Comment

There are some small cheap trackers that operate based on wifi and only report their location when they hit an open source. They other options are usually subscription based and going to be more money. There are numerous options for gps trackers. I'm assuming you're after theft protection so the device would need to be a cell based tracker with a SIM card. This option would probably be more expensive monthly than just getting a full coverage insurance rider for theft.

Comment

Lojack is another option, but only works if law enforcement in the area is equipped. I know Austin PD is but Lojack needs the police to be in their program to get recovered

Comment

Lojack etc is great
                Tile isn't as good but cheap. I keep one in my boat and on 4 wheeler. They won't find it right away and it's not perfect but if they don't find it I believe the signal will be picked up especially if in a big city. May not find it in the middle of nowhere though

Comment

Originally posted by Tower43 View Post
                  Lojack is another option, but only works if law enforcement in the area is equipped. I know Austin PD is but Lojack needs the police to be in their program to get recovered
                  Lojack outfits receiver cars at the agencies request. For us it was a phone call and an appointment, no charge. Smaller agencies may not get as many. They put them in larger agencies for more coverage

IMO the best recovery agent there is. However, depending on storage location it may not be covered via lojack towers. They're set along major travel corridors.

Used to love it when it started beeping in the car....good times

Comment

I have two Boomerang GPS trackers for both of my Radrovers. They are $200 if you get your own data plan or $250 the 1st year if you get their Verizon data plan for one year with the unit (assuming you will just need to renew the data plan for $50 after the 1st year). I had the two units since Nov/16 and it was mostly because we travel with our ebikes. I was worried at a hotel on the road and someone stealing the bike off the vehicle bike rack if we couldn't store the bike in the room overnight.

The system uses the Verizon cell network and a smartphone app to track, arm, and disarm the boomerang unit. The alarm will sound in a few seconds with movement. You can't arm your bike rack and drive down the road; only when you park, arm bike, run your errands, disarm bike, and drive away. I don't use the outside bike rack at work (store/charge in my server room on 2nd floor); but, I imagine the boomerang might alarm if the rack and bike was bumped enough.

You will get a smartphone alert when the alarm is triggered along with the audible alarm at the bike. There is a web-based app to track your unit. You can't arm/disarm or receive alarms from the webapp, only on your smartphone. You can just google map track and look at metadata collected on your ride with the computer based app (trips, mileage, carbon offset, map location, battery level. device temp, signal level, etc...).

The unit tracker Boomerang https://secretstorages.com/best-hidd...acker-for-car/ does have trip data logging; but, it is about useless. It starts/stops/records on its own and there is no way to start/stop trip logging like you can with other bike apps. A 2 hour ride might be broken into 2-4 trips with some bike riding time not even being recorded and other time like the bike on the vehicle rack driving down the road included in the with some of the trip time. I just use the Boomerang to arm and track my bike position only. I use free iPhone app like Endomondo to track trip data.

The unit looks weather and dust/dirt resistant. The only place I can see being a problem is the micro USB port used to recharge the unit. I make sure the dust cover is always closed for the USB charging port. I can usually go about a week between charges. The unit uses more power with the bike on the move compared to stand-by mode. I might be able to go 2-3 weeks in stand-by mode. The unit still reports your location in stand-by mode

Comment

Revelco can be added as well.

Look them up.

Sent from my iPhone using Dilly Dilly!

Comment

We have one of these hidden in each of our machines.Click image for larger version

Name:	BBD5268C-C29C-4DD9-B177-293F83A2A9E0.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	24547786

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                          We have one of these hidden in each of our machines.[ATTACH]918765[/ATTACH]
                          I second this suggestion. I have one of these on my enclosed trailer and have been thoroughly satisfied.

Comment

Duct tape an old iphone on the bottom with the charger attached. Keep find my iphone going and have it added to your current plan.

Comment

This may be dumb but will one of those Key chain tabs that are used to find your keys or wallet work?

Comment

Working...
                              X