Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sad Ending For Young Fisherman

Prayers for this man's family.

This has never happened to me, knock on wood it doesn't. But I have had some friends who have had close calls and even some that have had to ditch waders to keep from going under.

SURFSIDE BEACH — An Angleton Junior High teacher and coach likely drowned during a Sunday wade-fishing trip in Christmas Bay, officials said Monday.

Say a prayer for his family.

Sad deal. Prayed for a happier ending. Prayers for all the family and friends.

Comment

I read about that earlier. So sad, especially this time of year. RIP, sir.

Comment

That is very sad, the ocean is a very powerful thing. RIP.

Comment

dang...how sad

Comment

Terrible

Comment

Very Sad deal.

Comment

Sad deal. I drove the Blue Water Highway Sunday afternoon so I would have seen his truck.

Comment

I hate to hear things like this especially at this time of year.

Comment

That's a bad deal all the way around.

Comment

I don't have much experience with waders but this exact scenario is why I don't like to wear them.

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post
                        I don't have much experience with waders but this exact scenario is why I don't like to wear them.
                        Agreed. I fell once and immediately my waders were full of water. Luckily I was in only 2 foot of water and could get up.

Prayers up for his family. Sad Deal

Comment

Ive had that happen to me at San-Luis Pass. Was able to get out of my waders under water and get back to top. Be Careful out there

Comment

Bad deal, I say never go alone. Lost my Dad in Jan. 2011. It was drizzling rain, and when he jumped out of the boat toward the pier he slipped, hit his head, fell in the water and drowned. Had someone been with him, well you know. Don't fish alone and if your wading with waders wear a PFD. Prayers for his Family and Friends.

Comment

Sad deal.

The guys on TKF will roast you if you mention waders filling up and drowning you. They claim it's a fallacy.

Comment

Working...
                              X