I now understand what you gout sufferers are talking about

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jerp View Post
    True - even a ceiling fan blowing on it hurts!
    I hear that. When I started having issues I sat back and realized that it only happened after I had been hunting for several days in a row. I realized that when I am hunting I drink almost no water since I spend so much time in the stand. I made a point of pounding the water during non-hunting times and I have not had an issue since. For me it was linked to dehydration. Good luck on finding the key to yours. Hope you don't have to take meds.

-john

Comment

I know your pain also, I get it in my right ankle all the time until I started taking allopurinol (spelling?) daily.

Last 6 months I have gotten off the meds by exercising more and drinking a LOT of water daily.
      Still don’t watch my diet or alcohol intake like I should (but what fun is that)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Only once at the deer lease 4 years ago. Left knee. An other lease member who is a podiatrist had me get a quart can of black cherries from the grocery store and eat the whole can of cherries and drink the juice. Seems this is an old truck driver's trick for a fast relief. Amazing how quick the pain and swelling went away, like over night.
        Not a final cure however but will relieve the pain and inflammation real quick.
        Known as the rich man's disease caused from eating too much red meat and alcohol consumption.

Oh, and a quart of black cherries is about the same as eating a gallon of prunes and that didn't take long either.

Discover how cherries can help control uric acid levels in the blood for gout sufferers and learn the different ways to consume them!
        Last edited by muzzlebrake; 10-18-2018, 11:42 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X