No announcement yet.

Llano River Flooding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The news just reported that today's Llano river crest was 39.9 feet but it is expected to crest again tonight at 41 feet. If the house didn't flood this morning it certainly will tonight.

And Lake Travis is now full

Comment

Originally posted by BitBackShot View Post
      Yep. They got hit bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Dang! We were suppose to stay there this weekend

Comment

Originally posted by sika View Post
        the news just reported that today's llano river crest was 39.9 feet but it is expected to crest again tonight at 41 feet. If the house didn't flood this morning it certainly will tonight.

And lake travis is now full
        [ATTACH]929244[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by BitBackShot View Post
          Does anyone know how bad it is where the James River comes in contact with the Llano south of Mason? Probably a stupid question, but I have a buddy that owns an RV park there.

It’s really bad my aunt owns the next lot over from the RV park. Their neighbor who is significantly higher on the cliff than the RV park just evacuated.

Comment

Does Austin’s max discharge match that of Travis?

Comment

We got a report that the Johnson Fork crested at 40 ft below Segovia. Our entire place is 28 feet above the creek. Not looking forward to seeing what’s left. Never dreamed the south Llano could back that much water up the tributaries.

Comment

Originally posted by speck1 View Post
                We got a report that the Johnson Fork crested at 40 ft below Segovia. Our entire place is 28 feet above the creek. Not looking forward to seeing what’s left. Never dreamed the south Llano could back that much water up the tributaries.
                WOW.. Sorry to hear this man.. Bad Bad deal all the way around..

Comment

12 hours later.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Only been in 1 flood and that was while we were canoeing the Rio Grande River in 1975. Lost a canoe that night that was not tied up good and when we started loading the canoes that morning, it rose about 2 feet in 15 minutes so we pulled the canoes up on a high bank we were camped on (very lucky) and it stopped rising after about a 12' rise in about 2 hours. They pulled over 70 canoers out of the river that night and next morning.
                    I feel for the folks experiencing this as I saw what water could do when we watched that rise/flood on the Rio Grand. I cannot imagine what you folks are experiencing. Stay safe please!

Comment

Originally posted by mattjproc View Post
                      Just got word from a neighbor that lake lbj is up between 8-10' in the sunrise beach/granite shoals area. Our boathouse is still there but our boat has been washed away. If anyone sees a 23' mastercraft floating by be sure and grab it for me!
                      Was it blue and white with a blue tarp on it?

Comment

Llano River Flooding

Our river house upstream of Llano survived by a couple feet.

I'm not too confident about this next rise, considering the forecasted rise seemed off last night.

Last edited by Grand Passage; 10-16-2018, 04:29 PM.

Comment

Can’t get through Kingsland. Lots of devastation everywhere.

I drove to llano to check on the river house but couldn’t get to it. Still don’t know if my parents’ lake house in Highland Haven is ok.

Cell service is down from just east of Llano to Granite Shoals.

Comment

Originally posted by speck1 View Post
                            Sorry to hear that Mike! I hope when you do get out there that it is not as bad as you think.

Prayers up for all affected by the high waters!!!

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by bklem View Post
                              Our lake house is on elm creek on lake LBJ in granite shoals. Never flooded but this is a lot of water!
                              Well I can't say it has never flooded anymore. Just our boathouse/extra bedroom/outdoor kitchen, so not nearly as bad as many others on the lake. Worried about this next crest as evidently my boat got right to the top of the boathouse roof. No damage this time but if it goes a foot higher on the next crest, I'd imagine my boat will not fare well.

Comment

Llano is expected to crest again but higher between 40-41 ft. Buchanan will start opening gates tonight as water comes in from the San Saba and Colorado. The perfect Fubar flooding is going to come together and everything done from Buch and Kingsland is gonna get hit hard. I think the worst is just ahead and with more rain coming it’s not looking good

Comment

Working...
                                X