The Elk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gclyde28 View Post
    Me and a buddy are hitting the road in 24 hours for a week for our first trip out west. Tomorrow is going to crawl by at work.

I was so worthless today[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

8 more days till I head out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm ready ! Leave in two days for 12 day backpack hunt in Idaho ! Usually do Colorado but ready to see some new country

Comment

I’m sure this is a stupid question, but y’all have any pointers for keeping proof of sex when you bone out the hams? I mean the only way is to not skin a small area and skin out the rest, but it’s just something I can’t seem to see anyone talking about when you bone out an elk on the mountain.

Comment

Man I'm jealous reading all the posts heading out. Good luck everyone, hope you all get into some good action.

Comment

The Elk Thread

Just making it to Idaho for my first elk hunt and just had a nice (to me) bull follow a cow from private land into public. Unfortunately not my zone but maybe it’s a good sign.
              [

Last edited by DavidH44; 09-07-2018, 06:38 AM.

Comment

I leave in 2 weeks for Montana. Anybody need 2 The Eagles tickets Sept. 20 at AT&T Park I bought in January before I planned the hunt so I can leave Thursday morning?

My son and grandson were glassing for elk yesterday. For Papa!

Comment

Originally posted by DavidH44 View Post
                  Just making it to Idaho for my first elk hunt and just had a nice (to me) bull follow a cow from private land into public. Unfortunately not my zone but maybe it’s a good sign.
                  [

That had to get your blood pumping. Goodluck

Comment

Originally posted by Puncher51 View Post
                    I’m sure this is a stupid question, but y’all have any pointers for keeping proof of sex when you bone out the hams? I mean the only way is to not skin a small area and skin out the rest, but it’s just something I can’t seem to see anyone talking about when you bone out an elk on the mountain.
                    You got it. Just skin around the parts leaving them attached.

Comment

The Elk Thread

Bring a ziplock baggie to cover and an extra zip tie to secure it.

Comment

New Mexico has not disappointed. First morning today and saw 12 bulls. Closest we got was about 10 yards with a 4x4.

Comment

Originally posted by armadillophil View Post
                          New Mexico has not disappointed. First morning today and saw 12 bulls. Closest we got was about 10 yards with a 4x4.

What a great start, what part of NM are yall in? Were yall calling them in?

Comment

Easy enough! Thanks guys!

Comment

Just got back from hunting around Pagosa Springs, sadly not much to see other then deer. Lot of hunting presser but I'm ok with my first experience. Best of luck to those who still haven't gone on there hunt.

Comment

Just hit the road. 18 hours to go.

Comment

Working...
                                X