No announcement yet.

Blue indigo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Probably around seven foot. We used to have a den of them right next to our camp when I hunted between Uvalde and Del Rio. I wish I could get some for our place in San Saba county.

Comment

Caught one that was a shade over 9ft in Cardozo springs about 10 years ago

Down on a old place in zapata we saw one cross a sendero and was never a able to see its head and end of its tail at the same time. To a tape measure to the spot we saw it and it was 10ft across on the dot. That place was absolutely covered in them

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
        The 70’s did have some great drugs ......

Burnadell was talking about the 1870's

Comment

7ft 3 inches in Catarina and 7ft 4inches in three rivers. Both held and measured.

Comment

Back in high school during my hay hauling days (the good old days) we were unloading square bales into a barn that had a sliding door that you could back into. We came to unload a load and there was an indigo that stretched out across the length of that door. It was and still is the only non venemous snake I ever came across that I was afraid to pick up. That has been years ago and my memory could have made that snake bigger than in was, but it was big and pretty. We nudged it with a stick and it crawled up into the hay in the barn.
            My dad has owned a place in Medina County for 37 years and we have seen more Indigos on that place that rattlesnakes. I am sure there is a correlation.

Comment

Saw two 7' plus wrapped up like a corkscrew leaving my blind in Atascosa county. Hopefully they had a bunch of babies. Near Skidmore I walked up on one that was curled up. He vibrated his tail and in the leaves it sounded like a rattlesnake. I walked past about 100 yards to my blind. When I climbed down there was one the same size coiled up underneath. It vibrated his tail just like the first one.

Comment

Originally posted by brushtrooper View Post
                I would guess 6-7' is the longest. I was walking back to my truck from a fishing spot on the Atascosa river. I noticed a black pipe laying under the fence, which I did not remember ever being there. As I walked closer to it, it started to move, the biggest B.I. I had seen by far. It appeared to me to be about the same diameter as a 3" PVC and about 7'. When shredding fields I see them quite often but the one above is the largest I have seen up close
                Exactly like the one I saw...stretched out straight.

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                  Caught one that was a shade over 9ft in Cardozo springs about 10 years ago

Down on a old place in zapata we saw one cross a sendero and was never a able to see its head and end of its tail at the same time. To a tape measure to the spot we saw it and it was 10ft across on the dot. That place was absolutely covered in them
                  That would have been a record Texas Indigo.

p.s. Where is Cardozo Springs?

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                    That would have been a record Texas Indigo.

p.s. Where is Cardozo Springs?
                    Yes sir.

Looks like I fat fingered Carrizo Springs, my apologies

Comment

Ha!

Comment

I saw one stretched out straight in Karnes county that must have been 6’+.

Comment

On our yearly 3 day hunt in Webb county we were riding around and saw a badger digging a hole. That was a first. I told the others I wished we could see a Blue Indigo. We hadn't gone 400 yards and one was crossing the road. I'd say it was 5-6 foot long. Beautiful snake.

Comment

ONLY snake I wish we had at our lease near Robert Lee! Got TOO many dam Rattlers!!

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                              Ha!
                              As if....

Comment

Like a few of you I was stalking down an old overgrown road on a day lease. I stepped over a large black cable/pipe while scanning ahead of me looking for pigs. I took about three steps before my mind began to question why there was a large cable running across this remote road. It turned out to be a huge blue indigo that had to be nearing 10'. I wanted no part of it and watched it slowly slither away.

Comment

Working...
                                X