Bicep Tendonitis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bicep Tendonitis

Anyone else deal with this? My right elbow is in constant pain. It was okay until we started practicing for our fd vs pd softball game. Started thowing the ball and after 5 minutes, i thought my elbow was going to explode. It slowly reduced in pain, but had practice again on tuesday and the same thing happened. Havent thrown a ball since tuesday, but i hit the weights usually 5 times a week. Now i cant make it thru half a training session without my elbow being in severe pain. I can deal without softball, but i cant deal without weights.. just ice and ibuprofen?? more of a rant than anything..

Had some tendonitis in my foot. Doctor just gave me steroids and some ibruforen mixed with something. Helped but as soon as I started doing cardio again it started hurting. Might need to rest for several months and even then it might return quickly.

Comment

May have to switch hands for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by TP3 View Post

Hehehehehehehe[emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If the pain is in the elbow, it is probably tennis elbow. Lay off the weights and the softball. Probably will take 6+ months to heal. Cortisone shot will help with the pain but doesn't speed healing. Ice early on and then heat to promote healing. Good luck. I got it in my left elbow back in the spring and it is still an issue. Wear the brace, it helps. Search tennis elbow on here and you will get lots of info.

Comment

I had tennis elbow and it took multiple cortisone shots and a brace to heal. Miserable pain.

Comment

Boss has pain in his right elbow.
              MRI revealed the muscle tire away from the bone. Not all of it thankfully, needs surgery to correct

Comment

Switch hands! Ha!

Comment

Originally posted by TP3 View Post
                  Originally posted by ba1005 View Post
                  Switch hands! Ha!
                  not sure I have the coordination

Comment

Originally posted by hully1029 View Post
                    not sure I have the coordination

That's why it's called the stranger...[emoji23][emoji1305]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I ruptured a tendon in my left bicep. It was no picnic, surgery and lots of rehab.
                      Fortunately I am right handed...

Comment

Originally posted by Dudley View Post
                        If the pain is in the elbow, it is probably tennis elbow. Lay off the weights and the softball. Probably will take 6+ months to heal. Cortisone shot will help with the pain but doesn't speed healing. Ice early on and then heat to promote healing. Good luck. I got it in my left elbow back in the spring and it is still an issue. Wear the brace, it helps. Search tennis elbow on here and you will get lots of info.
                        This I get it once a year the copper sleeve helps some when lifting Mine hurt the worst enemy doing like hammer curls are seatedpreacher curls !!

Comment

I had tendinitis starting this past January and ignored my docs advice. Paid the price real quick. February I was doing. Lateral arm raises (shoulder exercise) at the gym with light 35 lb weights. SNAP. Literally dropped the weight. 60 % tear Of the extensor tendon. Worst pain I've ever had and I had major facial reconstruction surgery last year. doc said no surgery but it still has not healed. It's impossible for me to not use my arm so it is what it is. My advice.... 6 months no activities. When you have no pain wait another month. My brother is a doc and he said tennis elbow and tendon strains take forever to heal.

Comment

PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) treatment of you can afford it. Amazing stuff.

Comment

Good luck. I had it about 15 years ago and it took about 8-9 months to go away. Im flirting with it again now between golf and the gym. Ive cut back on both. Curls and overhead extensions bother it the most.

Comment

Working...
                              X