I m-mm-missed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I m-mm-missed

I'd have sworn that squirrel was going to be my dinner...

Just an inch lower and there'd have been squirrel blood on that arrow.

On a side note, I may need to drop bow weight so I don't get so much penetration on inanimate objects. 20 minutes to dig a Snuffer out of a log is ridiculous!

Originally posted by Trumpkin View Post

On a side note, I may need to drop bow weight so I don't get so much penetration on inanimate objects. 20 minutes to dig a Snuffer out of a log is ridiculous!
    Or just use some judo points.

Comment

Originally posted by sir shovelhands View Post
      Do they come in 200 grain weight? Serious question here, I've only seen em in 100 and 125.

Comment

Originally posted by sir shovelhands View Post
        Love them judo's
        I bought some cold steel heads that are so cheap i plan to keep a couple in the quiver for fun shots like this or pigs

Comment

Do they come in 200 grain weight? Serious question here, I've only seen em in 100 and 125.
          No clue (i use 100s), but id rather not have to dig out a head from some wood like that!

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
            Love them judo's
            I bought some cold steel heads that are so cheap i plan to keep a couple in the quiver for fun shots like this or pigs
            Pigs is one of the reasons my fun arrow has a broadhead on it. It's an old beat up snuffer that I don't mind destroying. That, and with the longbow, I was not sure how effective a Judo would be on a squirrel.

Comment

I have some 75 grain Thumpers that attach with a 100 grain field point to give me my 175 grains. Use a 125 grain field point and you'll have your 200.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Pigs is one of the reasons my fun arrow has a broadhead on it. It's an old beat up snuffer that I don't mind destroying. That, and with the longbow, I was not sure how effective a Judo would be on a squirrel.
                A judo is plenty effective with a longbow. 52# at my draw will send a judo clean through a tree rat. Well, clean ain't the word I'd use to describe it.

Comment

After several misses on deer my first year of bow hunting I decided I would take my anger out on a coon. I shot two logs, a rock, and a tree about 10 foot up lol. No idea how I shot a tree 10 foot up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Should have just cut a couple of feet out of the log and mounted it on the wall. Would've made a great conversation piece.[emoji6]

Comment

I think your set up for deer and pigs will kill a squirrel with a judo. This was killed with my target bow. 38# at my draw length, 15 yard shot.

Comment

Try these. You'll like them.

Comment

I may try those thumpers at some point. They look great!

I really don't mind shooting broadheads only though. I like to imagine that I'll stick 4 hogs in a day some day, hahahaha! The only shots I'll take on squirrels is on the ground. My arrows are too expensive (without factoring in whatever I have as a point), to take shots that are too risky anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                            Try these. You'll like them.

I dig it. They got a name?

Comment

Thumpers. Three Rivers carries them.

Comment

Working...
                              X