Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why has the world become so irrational when it comes to Islam?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bob, it isn't just Canada. Look at what the consequences of Germany's govt caused for their civis & letting in all the refugees. This week minded thought process is becoming a global issue.

The extremists islamic movement wants any & all people to convert or die...including other Muslims obviously. For the media & certain people to want no borders, let them all in is an irrational & abhorrent concern for all of us. We need to get our act together or we WILL have another 9-11 type of attack, along with more suicide bombings, soft target shootings / vehicles smashing into crowds, etc.

I don't feel the OP cares about who worships whatever deity...only the bad guys & those who tend to make it political vs addressing the actual situation and a viable solution, which is only to defeat them via the fist of God.

Originally posted by boblee View Post
    Flywise; Do you wake up in a bad mood every morning? Or is it that somebody pees in your Frosted Flakes and sets you off before you're sufficiently awake?

Good grief. It's Canada you're taking issue with. You got no control over what Canada or any other country on the globe does or doesn't do. You voted the way you voted in hopes to ensure that the US of A remains free of every human being that doesn't worship the way you think they ought to. Or any human being that chooses to not worship at all. Next election that comes around, you can and will do it again. That's all you can do. Period.

Well, maybe not. I'll throw a suggestion your way: Smoke a joint over the weekend and get laid. Then world affairs just might not appear to be so dismal.

A couple closing statements, and then I'm going to do exactly what I just suggested that you do. Before the weekend is over.

Certainly; I despise and abhor murder, terrorism and tyranny. But that has gone on since the World began and it will go on until the World ends. Over religion, emphasis over religion. Period.

I'm Christian, Catholic. And in some respects, I'm a liberal.

Bob Lee

Comment

The first rounders seem to gravitate to this forum...
      Bright side is it makes it easier to identify them.
      Another to the list.

Comment

I guess I feel the same way about radical Islamists as I do about radical Christians or radical anything else. When you feel you have all of the answers and everyone else has to be wrong, then you have conflict and death.

I don't believe that non-radical Muslims should be targetted any more than I feel that non-radical Christians, Jews, or athiests (or anyone else) should be targetted.

Laws are passed when a government feels there is a real threat of harm or bigotry against a group of people. Perhaps that's what this Canadian law seeks to do?

It's Canada and they have a right to their nationalism and laws just as we do.

I agree with the other poster (though not about the joint). Maybe sip some whiskey or read your Bible and relax a bit. The getting laid part is NEVER a bad idea!

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
          Liberals' biggest/main/only enemy is Christianity. Anyone and anything that is anti-Christian liberals are drawn to.

It's a mental illness, as best I can tell. Certainly irrational.
          Good evening Shane.

I'll preface my hope-to-keep-it-concise-reply (although I may not be able to pull it off) by saying: I have enormous respect for you and for all you've had to say here. I read the things you say with an open mind - as opposed to reading others' comments. Sometimes, I've been in agreement, sometimes not. And that is the reality of it all. Opinions cannot be wrong. Only truths stand where they stand without reinforcement. One cannot corrupt the truth, no more than one can salt salt.

I'm an old man, Shane. Dementia will make its rude and rough entry when it does and will, but it hasn't just yet.

Preface out of the way: I'm going to differ with you, just this once, and I'm going to do it out loud. I don't care very much about side-tracking the thread. Flywise is about as important to me as the fly that I just whacked that insisted upon sharing my gin-and-tonic with me as I thought about how I wanted to say what I'm saying now.

I'm a liberal in more than just a few respects. And I'm an intelligent man, relatively speaking, Mensa Society. Although, if that little distinction has contributed to my coffers, it ain't been enough to make a real impact. I entered the workforce an age 16, cut wheat from West Texas to the Canadian Border, and I'm still working at the age of 70. I pay my own way.

I do subscribe to Christianity, I'm Catholic. I also subscribe to all others' choice of religion. And to their choice of irreligion.

And I challenge your statement that all (us) liberals are mentally ill or irrational.

Bob Lee

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
            unfortunately more and more places are like this or at least headed in this direction. Here and abroad. I see this type of thing coming here at some point
            yep, unfortunately sooner rather than later, imo.

Comment

Good evening Shane.

I'll preface my hope-to-keep-it-concise-reply (although I may not be able to pull it off) by saying: I have enormous respect for you and for all you've had to say here. I read the things you say with an open mind - as opposed to reading others' comments. Sometimes, I've been in agreement, sometimes not. And that is the reality of it all. Opinions cannot be wrong. Only truths stand where they stand without reinforcement. One cannot corrupt the truth, no more than one can salt salt.

I'm an old man, Shane. Dementia will make its rude and rough entry when it does and will, but it hasn't just yet.

Preface out of the way: I'm going to differ with you, just this once, and I'm going to do it out loud. I don't care very much about side-tracking the thread. Flywise is about as important to me as the fly that I just whacked that insisted upon sharing my gin-and-tonic with me as I thought about how I wanted to say what I'm saying now.

I'm a liberal in more than just a few respects. And I'm an intelligent man, relatively speaking, Mensa Society. Although, if that little distinction has contributed to my coffers, it ain't been enough to make a real impact. I entered the workforce an age 16, cut wheat from West Texas to the Canadian Border, and I'm still working at the age of 70. I pay my own way.

I do subscribe to Christianity, I'm Catholic. I also subscribe to all others' choice of religion. And to their choice of irreligion.

And I challenge your statement that all (us) liberals are mentally ill or irrational.

Bob Lee
              Preface was as useful as taste buds on a butthole.
              The rest was just liberalspeak: throw words around...hopefully it'll sound intelligent and thought provoking...but the end, it's the same.
              Pretentious and full of kelp.
              To the list.

Comment

So, if someone has a different opinion, then they go on the ignore list?

Comment

Skipped over the word pretentious did ya?

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                    Preface was as useful as taste buds on a butthole.
                    The rest was just liberalspeak: throw words around...hopefully it'll sound intelligent and thought provoking...but the end, it's the same.
                    Pretentious and full of kelp.
                    To the list.
                    I appreciate your opinions on this thread.
                    Be honest with me ( because im an adult and can handle it )
                    Did this thread belong in some other forum other than the politics and current events? Was linking to a current event and asking for opinions about it somehow triggering and too complex?

Comment

Originally posted by BoneDigger View Post
                      So, if someone has a different opinion, then they go on the ignore list?

He has not expressed an opinion about the topic
                      Just seems to be able to insult

Comment

Good evening Shane.

Bob Lee
                        Bob, that's a fair critique. Certainly not all liberals are anti-Christian or mentally ill or completely irrational. I can see how my statement implied that, but I have friends who are liberal, Christian, intelligent, and not entirely irrational.

I was referring to the more extreme liberals who are most definitely and actively anti-Christian. Some of them may be brilliant based on IQ tests, but their knee-jerk reactions to support anything and everything that can be seen as a threat or an affront to Christianity strikes me as being something akin to mental illness at worst or at least highly irrational behavior at best. I'm no psychiatrist, but I know crazy when I see it.

But I still have lots of liberal friends who, like you, are good people overall. They're good enough folks to put up with the likes of me, so that says something for them.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                          He has not expressed an opinion about the topic
                          Just seems to be able to insult
                          Oh, but he has expressed an opinion, and you failed to notice. Because you're in way over your head. And you have been since you were about 15 minutes old. And so is system-whoever.

Hoss, now that is a direct insult, get it? In reply to your direct insult to me. Somewhere back, wherever it was that you said out loud that I'm stupid. Based upon the simple fact that I said you are obviously a troubled and an unhappy and a miserable man. I'd say that I'll pray for you to find some peace and some hope and a remote clue or two... but that would be a lie. I got things to pray for that I believe that might just possibly come to pass if I have enough faith in the matter.

I'll play this evening (chuckle). I'm all chilled out, dinner done, and I got no place that I got to be until tomorrow morning. Bring it on.

Howl for me to be banned, announce to all that I'm a troll. You've already done that with XBow, and I just happen to consider him to be a reasonable man and a rational man, a polite man with the uncommon ability to turn the other cheek.

Oops, deviated...
                          Get it done if you can. And you and system-whatever can fill the Palo Duro Canyon with all the effs that I don't give.

Whereas ??

Bob Lee

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                            Bob, that's a fair critique. Certainly not all liberals are anti-Christian or mentally ill or completely irrational. I can see how my statement implied that, but I have friends who are liberal, Christian, intelligent, and not entirely irrational.

I was referring to the more extreme liberals who are most definitely and actively anti-Christian. Some of them may be brilliant based on IQ tests, but their knee-jerk reactions to support anything and everything that can be seen as a threat or an affront to Christianity strikes me as being something akin to mental illness at worst or at least highly irrational behavior at best. I'm no psychiatrist, but I know crazy when I see it.

But I still have lots of liberal friends who, like you, are good people overall. They're good enough folks to put up with the likes of me, so that says something for them.
                            Thank you Shane.

I'm going to take the liberty of considering you to be an internet friend. A good man, a reasonable man...
                            I genuinely believe that you and I could sit by the fire and exchange open conversation, candid conversation - with no discomfort. Retire, sleep well, enjoy coffee together the next morning and help one another the best we could to chase and kill whatever our quarry might be.

I'll fight with the other boys some more in a week or two or a in month or two, whenever I have the time and inclination. I've been blessed with a full life. The Green Screen, relative to all other things in said full life, is just kind of a way of passing a little time when I have a little time on my hands. Hell, I've been here about 8 years now and I'm still only a 4-point.

Bob Lee

Comment

If you ever get a chance, read a lesser known sci-fi trilogy wrriten by CS Lewis. He basically utilizes each of the three books to analyze and weigh out different thoughts and ideas of faith/society. The third one ("That Hideous Strength") focuses on modernism and spread of pseudo logical thought paralleling liberal agendas. Has some good imagery that stuck with me, like the analogy of a man calmly and firmly believing his ideology, blindly following some directions, starts to realize he's going to die because of this, and only then realizes hes no longer in control. Touches on tangents, like how there always seems to be the people who escape the collapse of their own ideas to spin them elsewhere, etc.

Comment

Thank you Shane.

I'm going to take the liberty of considering you to be an internet friend. A good man, a reasonable man...
                                I genuinely believe that you and I could sit by the fire and exchange open conversation, candid conversation - with no discomfort. Retire, sleep well, enjoy coffee together the next morning and help one another the best we could to chase and kill whatever our quarry might be.

I'll fight with the other boys some more in a week or two or a in month or two, whenever I have the time and inclination. I've been blessed with a full life. The Green Screen, relative to all other things in said full life, is just kind of a way of passing a little time when I have a little time on my hands. Hell, I've been here about 8 years now and I'm still only a 4-point.

Bob Lee

Comment

Working...
                                X