Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got my LRP for 710. $300 less then the nightforce and couldn't be happier

Comment

In that budget. VX6 used. I’m not a sightron fan. I’m not Burris or bushnell fan. And I’m pretty sure everyone knows I dislike vortex except razor gen 2 lol. Upper end leupold/ nightforce/ vortex/ S&B / kahles. I’m told the new USO is good. I never liked the old ones due to weight. The glass was ok. Not great for the money. The vx6 will get you to 1000. I shoot mine that far with ease. Further than that I use a different rifle with better optics. Good luck in your search!!

Comment

Just put a vortex gen 2 viper pst 5-25x50 on a savage model 12 vlp bone stock no upgrades in 300 wsm and very pleased with it. Took it all the way out to 1000 with ease. Can get them from arrowsmith on here for within your budget.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The Vortex PST gen 2’s are good and can be found as cheap as $900. Nightforce SHV’s can also be in the sub $1000 range.

Comment

NF SHV, Sightron SIII, Burris XRT, Meopta all make scopes in your budget. I would say minimum of 16x but prefer 22x or greater for 600yds +. Optics Planet is a good place to start but they aren’t always the cheapest.

Comment

Had a vortex HST back in the day (not a misprint, HST) did the job. Is the gen 2pst a large improvement over the pst?

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
                Been eyeballing vx3 LRP 6.5-20 leuphold, like the zero stops.
                I have 3 of these and for the money, I feel they are worth it.

Comment

Had a vortex HST back in the day (not a misprint, HST) did the job. Is the gen 2pst a large improvement over the pst?

Not sure about Gen II but Gen I PST had really poor optic quality.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                    Not sure about Gen II but Gen I PST had really poor optic quality.
                    To my eyes, the Gen II was a pretty substantial upgrade in the optics category.

Comment

Other than better turrets, no.

VX3i LRP will get you there with ease and save $$ for a good mounting system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by tanto View Post
                        On the NF... the Nightforce SHV 5-20 56mm is $1170 at cabelas. Order through active junky and get 8-15% cash back depending on when you buy. Stack with a 10% off cabelas coupon and you got yourself a top notch scope for $1,000

This is 100% what I would do.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post

VX3i LRP will get you there with ease and save $$ for a good mounting system.

This is what I did.

Comment

another one that hasn't been mentioned yet is the Athlon Ares BTR.....that's the one I'm looking at going with in that price range. It seems to track well and have good reviews. There are also a couple of people on tbh with them that seem to be pleased with their performance.

Comment

Appreciate all the suggestions fellas.

Comment

Originally posted by tommy1005 View Post
                                another one that hasn't been mentioned yet is the Athlon Ares BTR.....that's the one I'm looking at going with in that price range. It seems to track well and have good reviews. There are also a couple of people on tbh with them that seem to be pleased with their performance.
                                This is a solid option that falls within the budget stated, and one that I much prefer to the Gen 2 PST.

Comment

Working...
                                X