Intermittent fasting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intermittent fasting?

Apparently intermittent fasting and one meal a day diet plans are extremely popular. Does anyone here do it and have you seen better results vs eating many small balanced meals? It seems pretty difficult to me and not worth it.

I gave it a shot yesterday and I lasted about 21 hours of fasting I don’t feel bad or anything but I don’t think I could do it often. What are your thoughts?

8/16 is the most popular method I have seen but wont try. Eat as much as you want in an 8 hour continuous period. Absolutely nothing but water the other 16.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
      8/16 is the most popular method I have seen but wont try. Eat as much as you want in an 8 hour continuous period. Absolutely nothing but water the other 16.

And 8 of that you will be sleeping. Not hard to do

Comment

It's not all that hard to do, as stated a handful of those hours will be spent sleeping.

I did it for a bit and it worked for losing weight but then I got the itch to compete in strongman again so I had to get back on eating small meals every 2 hours.

I did the 8 hour eating window starting with lunch at noon and dinner at 7, cut off at 8. The key is actually still eating clean calories and maintaining a deficit.

There is no miracle diet or program to follow. Losing weight will still always come down to the main thing of calories in are less than calories burned.

Comment

I cut back to one meal a day eating lunch about 2 pm and something light like a half of chicken salad sandwich at supper or nothing at all. I have lost 19 lbs in about 6 weeks and would like to lose 11 more and then maintain that weight thru the holidays and start again after the first of the year. Remember you didn't gain all your weight in a week so it is slow to come off and takes time.

Comment

It really isn’t to hard although I have failed miserably lately. Lol

Comment

I just stick to the 12 hr rule.... Breakfast at 630 then nothing after 630pm except water. That combined with working out has been very helpful for me lately. I'm averaging 2.5 lbs per week weight loss. Two hardest things are staying out of the drive thru and having those couple of beers in the evening.... Its working. I'm down 12 lbs in a month.

Comment

I wouldn’t mind trying it for a while if the results are going to be worth it. My diet has been good lately and I’m sure I’m maintaining a deficit currently. I felt good when I got up this morning after fasting.

I just got done eating breakfast and didn’t feel super hungry but I did eat a solid meal 4 eggs scrambled with 3 strips of diced bacon and 1 cup of fresh spinach. Feeling good right now.

Comment

The longest I have done is 72 hrs. After the first day it seemed doable. I would like to try 5 days but I know it will be tough.

I will admit that that fourth morning I felt really good and could have kept going but my mental kept whispering in my ear telling me to eat.

Comment

I don’t think i could do it. On my fasting days, if I worked out I would be starving.

Comment

Originally posted by Acameron52 View Post
                      I don’t think i could do it. On my fasting days, if I worked out I would be starving.
                      I’m doing a 5x5 routine and I was pretty dead yesterday during my workout. After 5 sets of deadlifts I was pretty wiped out but after my workout I did t feel to hungry.

Comment

My wife and I coupled intermittent fasting along with a keto diet. Basically cut out all FAKE/PROCESSED foods and sugar or atleast as much as possible. It is not as hard as you think. I fast atleast 2 days a week. 16-18 hours each. Lost over 25lbs in 8 months and it has not came back. My job is pretty active all day and we do The yoga in the afternoon for a workout and stretch. I really think getting rid of all the sugar and eating REAL food is the most important part.

Comment

Intermittent fasting?

Intermittent fasting works very well. Aside from the weight loss it encourages autophagy.
                          Good Hormone levels go up and stabilize and you reduce your Diabetic factors.
                          If your goal is to lose weight, do it on your non-work out days OR reverse the time table for the fast. Stuff your face with your caloric needs in an 8 hour window before your workout. There's no rule that says you have to fast through breakfast though that is the easiest coming off a sleep cycle. Or change your workout time if possible.
                          I've done this since February and cycled 45 days of keto every 90 days. I've lost 30 pounds and kept it off and my cholesterol dropped. I've since got to a point where I fast for 36 hours with only coffee once every two weeks. Once your body adjusts the focus and energy on a fast is surprising.
                          Ain't nothing to it but to do it brother. [emoji1360]

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
                            Apparently intermittent fasting and one meal a day diet plans are extremely popular. Does anyone here do it and have you seen better results vs eating many small balanced meals? It seems pretty difficult to me and not worth it.

I gave it a shot yesterday and I lasted about 21 hours of fasting I don’t feel bad or anything but I don’t think I could do it often. What are your thoughts?
                            I don't believe 1 meal a day continuously is healthy for anyone, a doctor will tell you several small meals throughout a day is much better.
                            Tried fasting one day per week before and I felt better, didn't feel as sluggish. That was sleeping the night before, get up and drink some fluids and not eat anything that day then sometime around 3-4 pm, I would eat. Tended to not eat as much either. Worked for me.

Comment

I eat what I want from 7am till 3pm, row 30min a day, 6000 meters, 5 days a week, lost 43lbs so far. This is the easiest way to lose weight for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X