Any Savage Racers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Savage Racers?

My wife and I are training for the Savage Race in Grandview in September. Anybody ever done one or planning to in the future. I have to admit its a little intimidating especially for a Fat Boy

Here is a link for anyone who has never heard of it,
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okqKUWnn4wU"]Savage Race Texas 2013 Official Video - YouTube[/ame]

Its 6 miles with 25 obstacles!

One of the girls at work is trying to get a group together to run it. As a recovering fat boy pushing 50 I'm not certain I'm ready for all that. Lol!

Comment

My wife and I will be there. We just did the Merrell down and dirty which was a 5K and it was a blast. This one should be great also.

Comment

Originally posted by TxTechBowhunter View Post
        My wife and I will be there. We just did the Merrell down and dirty which was a 5K and it was a blast. This one should be great also.
        Awesome!! What kind of exercise are you guys doing to prepare? PM sent!

Comment

This one looks like fun, to bad I will be in Colorado chasing elk, I'm doing the Spartan Beast in Dallas Nov 1. Take a look at that one also.

Comment

Originally posted by Shake N' Bake View Post
            Awesome!! What kind of exercise are you guys doing to prepare? PM sent!
            PM returned.

We are mainly doing running and strength training.

Comment

I have only Two question. Are Zombies after you? If not why? I mean If I want to hurt myself I can **** off my wife.

Comment

No zombies but I do think its gonna be a beating!

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Tracker View Post
                  I have only Two question. Are Zombies after you? If not why? I mean If I want to hurt myself I can **** off my wife.
                  Why not challenge yourself? Taking the easy way out is boring.

Plus when the zombies come we will be that much more prepared.

Comment

Ttt

Comment

Ttt

Comment

I have never done one but me and a friend are putting a group together to do this race as well. I am not a runner and hate running but should have no problem with the obstacles...I am running some to get ready for that part. Should be fun.

Comment

We should all try to meet up after the race for a beer!

Comment

Ttt

Comment

Ttt

Comment

Working...
                              X