My Shark Catch of Multiple Lifetimes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Shark Catch of Multiple Lifetimes

Well my TBH family Im finally getting around to posting this here. As you can imagine its been a bit overwhelming. Here is the story and thank you for the support. This is a bitter sweet catch for me.

Yesterday afternoon I hooked up to a shark Ive only dreamed about. I fought it with my 80wtrx for an hour and 15 min which is beast mode for a shark that big. While leadering it we noticed she was very tired so we quickly took pics, got a length measurement, took the hook out and did all we could to get her released. All that only took around 3-5 min while it still in plenty deep water. At the time we didn’t bother getting a girth, fork length or even tried tagging her. Our main focus was to get her released quickly. Well after 30-40 min of us holding her up into the current in 3-4’ of water we were faced with accepting the fact that she was done. We were so tired, shark rashed and disappointed that it sucked the excitement right out of us for a while.

Now for most of us that live for land based shark fishing this was something that we never wanted to go through. We then decided that since we couldn’t get her released we were going to do everything we could to save the meat so thats what we did. 5-6 of us went to work and Im happy to say that all meat was saved, cooled down and donated. While cutting meat we found a total of 15 stingray barbs stuck well inside the meat from the head to the tail. Crazy!

Thats the full story and god honest truth my friends. I owe nobody an apology for this but I felt I needed to let everyone know exactly what happen and shut the rumors down. People that know me know that I release every single shark I catch so this hurts. Catching this fish of a lifetime and it not making it totally sucks for me but it happens especially since we tried hard.

For all the sharkers, friends and people that have reached out congratulating me, trying to make me feel better etc, thank you. For the ones out there moving their ignorant mouths, fish on amigos!! 🦈[emoji1422]

For reference thats a 48” ruler and a 120” flexible tape.

Official measurements...

Greater Hammerhead
    14 feet (168”)
    Fork length 135”
    Girth 78”
    Estimated weight using the research formula is 1026lbs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats a big shark

Comment

Wow! Congrats! My brother who’s not a member here sent me this on instagram. I just responded saying yeah poco kills the sharks out there lol

Comment

Still amazing. Congrats brotha

Comment

Unreal catch, and great photos

Rwc

Comment

Crushing it
            Last edited by eastxhunter; 07-16-2018, 01:56 PM. Reason: Got ten point on this post - prolly as far as I’ll ever go. Thanks and good night.

Comment

Congrats!!!!

Comment

Beast

Comment

Wow....that's amazing! Congrats on the catch, and ignore the haters.

They just jelly...lol

Comment

great job, what do you use for bait to catch that big of a shark?

Comment

Wow, what a catch! Good on you for harvesting the meat. I assume it's good?

What is shark rash?

Why would the stingray barbs be there?

Comment

Congratulations Poco

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats on a great catch!

Comment

Proud day for you I'm sure. Keep up the good work.
                            Btw what was the bait it took?

Comment

Awesome job buddy.

Comment

Working...
                              X