Shoreline fishing San Antonio / New Braunfels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shoreline fishing San Antonio / New Braunfels

I'm looking for a couple of spots to take the kids fishing in the San Antonio/New Braunfels area. Typically we fish the river above the lake but there is no water in the river. My kids are really wanting to catch fish. Thanks for any tips.

Forgot to mention that we also have a canoe and a kayak.
    Last edited by saintsfan; 07-01-2018, 09:16 AM. Reason: Sp

There's a catfish farm close to canyon lake area. Easiest fishing you'll do and guaranteed to catch a fish!

Comment

Landa Park in New Braunfels has water access and a train ride the kids would enjoy. I don't know about specific fishing regulations. Water is crystal clear.

Comment

Originally posted by BigL View Post
        There's a catfish farm close to canyon lake area. Easiest fishing you'll do and guaranteed to catch a fish!
        Thanks for the heads up. I had considered taking the kids there until I saw the prices. With 5 kids I would be broke in 10 min. 🤑

Comment

Shoreline fishing for fresh water reds at calaveras

Comment

Calaveras and braunig both have piers. Canyon lake has a couple piers in the parks.v

Comment

Originally posted by BigL View Post

Ive looked into that place but I got a little spooked when I read that you have to keep your fish and you have to pay $6.99 per pound on the live weight of the fish. If you get into them that could get spendy really quick. Almost have to look at it as a guided trip. You are required to buy all bait from them and have to use a minimum 14lb test.

Anyone have experience with this place?

Comment

Working...
              X