Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

always an issue at Hd no problem from my Lowes

Comment

Go to home depot and pick out the lumber that has a chunk missing r that's not perfect and tell them at the register and get 70 percent off.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas276 View Post
        I bet it isn't ready yet.....
        Now that's funny!

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
          This must very by store as I have had really good luck using in store pick up at both.
          Ditto. I've have very good treatment at both stores.

One time I was at Lowes picking up some lumber when they first started offering this service and I could tell instantly that some of the pieces were junk. I threw a fit and the manager told me it would never happen again. While I was standing there he sternly told the employees involved that they were responsible for selecting quality pieces and the cashiers were responsible for making sure those were quality pieces before they notified me the order was ready for pickup. I've never had any problems since.

Comment

I ordered conduit from Home Depot a couple of months ago and it was really easy with no problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've had the same experience at both. I'll admit, I ordered from work once, and didn't catch that it had located the nearest store and the order went to that store instead of the one close to home.
              I really hate doing business online.

Comment

Lumber error in your favor. Go pick it up.

Comment

I placed an order at HD on Saturday. About $1600.00 worth. They delivered Tuesday am, early...all great. However, they broke a 16ft 2 x 6. The guy took a picture and noted the statement. I called the store and asked for a replacement to be delivered. I have no way to carry a 16 ft board. Day 3 and 3 empty promises and I still do not have the 16 ft board. I am a little put out. I have been more than patient. I paid for delivery, I expect that service to be satisfactory.

On my online orders and pick up in store, never had an issue.

Comment

Have that problem at Lowe's alot and we finally quit doing it. Wife orders online alot and would buy fixtures, toilets etc online for in store pickup. I've never had a large box ready when we go in to get it. We've ordered mixed stuff like new handles for the bathroom, faucets, showerhead and toilet at the same time. Everything is pulled except toilet for example. I think they just have lazy folks at my location that don't want to pull the heavy items or they have someone pulling that isn't strong enough.

Comment

Had another issue today. I order a ton of stuff through lowes. I go to pro desk and order large quanities of hinges for blinds. They are supposed yo call when they come in. Wellnit had been a week so popped back in. Pro desk said they have not come in. He said he would call me. Well this exact thing happened last month. Last month they came in and just stocked them on the isle. So today i said what are the odds they are out on the isle. He said no. Well we walk together and there they are out in the isle. They have a standong order to keep 12 in stock. There were my 55 packages piled up in the isle. How does this keep happening and what is purpose of pro desk ordering for you if they just end up on the isle.

Comment

I haven't had that problem. Bought all the stuff when I built our fence at home depot and the day after I placed the order everything was bundled and stacked at the pick up area by the pro desk.

Lowes I've done it with appliances and a Christmas tree and never had an issue

Comment

Had a time at Home Depot where I ordered a bunch of lumber and also nails, caulk, screws, saw blades, etc. The guy was loading it with a fork lift because they had bundled it all together and all he saw was lumber so he went and got all the other non-lumber items from the shelf and threw them in the truck. I got to the ranch and started unloading and they had put all the nails, screws, blades, etc inside the bundle of lumber and ended up giving me 2 of everything.

Comment

I order a lot from Lowes. There seems to be a disconnect between Lowes.com and the local stores. Lowes.com leads you to instore pick up as the preferred method but when you get to the store they don't have a working system for completing the order.

Comment

Another vote for McCoys. Better quality wood usually since don’t have people picking through stack and throwing boards back. Also drive right thru their yard and they help load.

Comment

I've been through the ringer with Home Depot for the last two days.

Submitted an order online to ship to my dad in Smiley, TX. Product is shipped via UPS. Makes it all the way to Karnes City, the closest UPS spot, and is about to go out for delivery and Home Depot contacts UPS out of the blue and reroutes the package to Smiley, GEORGIA.

I called Home Depot. The lady can't figure out why. She cancels the order and creates a new one. I'm out the money on order #1 until it refunds to my credit card. I get the order #2 confirmation email and she shipped the dang order to me instead of my dad. I even confirmed and double confirmed shipping and she still screwed it up.

I called Home Depot again. They can't cancel order #2 because it too late. Their solution is that I receive order #2 and then return it myself to the store to get my money back. So I'm out the money on order #1 and order #2 until I get everything returned and refunded back to my card and now order #3 is supposedly on its way to my dad.

The guy knocked 20% off for my trouble but geez this is ridiculous.

Comment

Working...
                                X