My Harley was repossessed by mistake!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wakehunter View Post
    I used to own a repossession company of my own.

The repossession company that “repossessed” the bike carries insurance that would be responsible for any damage that occurred while in their possession (kudos for getting pics of the condition before leaving your possession). Bad news is, the repossession company probably won’t admit damaging the collateral while in their possession. You might consider contacting your insurance company, coughing up your deductible and have them handle the damage . Your ins. Co. Will surrogate the repo co using their lawyers instead of you paying for your own lawyer OOP (out of pocket).

That’s what I’d do, that’s why you pay for insurance! Hope you got State Farm!
    Don’t have State Farm. I have Foremost which is part of Farmers.

The pics are of when they brought it back. I took pics also right after unloading it.

The driver and phone girl both told me they were supposed to pick up a 1997 Harley. Said it’s hard to tell the year with people customizing their bikes. Funny that www.roadglide.org says there were NO Road Glides produced in 1997. The Tour Glide ended in 1996, and the Road Glide started in 1998.

Comment

Well, if the lender did not order the repo, then it is all on the repo agent! I would be on them like white on rice!!! Still, lots of information missing. Where did they repo it? In your driveway, garage, street, workplace? Why did they think this bike was the target of their repo order?

If this happened to me, I promise I would have been sitting in the repo office this morning (when did this happen and how long did it take to get your bike back?) talking to someone in charge and demanding answers, not asking us how long it takes for a JP claim to be answered.

Can you show us pictures of the cosmetic damage?

Comment

As a former banker, I am still baffled by this and the lack of answers they have given you for the mistaken repo. I cannot fathom how this could happen. Did they tell you that your name was the supposed name on the repo order? They don’t just have a description of the vehicle. They have a name of the debtor on the order. If the lender says they did not order the repo, then does the repo agent corroborate that same story? What is the repo agents answer for why they got your bike?

Hire me to straighten this out...please?

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
          As a former banker, I am still baffled by this and the lack of answers they have given you for the mistaken repo. I cannot fathom how this could happen. Did they tell you that your name was the supposed name on the repo order? They don’t just have a description of the vehicle. They have a name of the debtor on the order. If the lender says they did not order the repo, then does the repo agent corroborate that same story? What is the repo agents answer for why they got your bike?

Hire me to straighten this out...please?
          This happened at my wife’s place of work while we were away eating lunch. They used scanner car that drives through parking lots looking at plates for hits on warrants and repo orders to start all of this. They are supposed to use 2 forms of vehicle ID. Even one would have alerted them that this was the wrong bike. Yes my plates are the correct ones. The company will not return my calls and I’m waiting for the new police event report to be issued on Monday that’ll show the vehicle ID for the bike they were supposed to get. Harley Davidson financial service denies placing this order. That leads me to believe it was for another bike and they did a horrible job of verifying the bike they wanted to grab. Grab n go and verify later.

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
            So what would have happened if you shot the thief since you knew it was paid for?
            Its a $10 fine..............

Comment

That crap makes me want to go all Twin Peaks Waco on somebody. I hope you get it figured it out.

Comment

Yep! They screwed up big time and I would make sure they take care of your damages! Don’t settle for talking to an employee. Go directly to the owner/person in charge. Thank you for providing more information.

Comment

Your bike was not repoed, it was stolen and returned.

Whoever ordered it to be stolen would be buying it at full market value if it were mine. That would be much cheaper for them than hiring a lawyer to defend a lawsuit.

Make them buy all your "biker costumes" too.

Comment

Good luck getting anyone to pay.

Comment

That is no bueno!!!

Comment

Originally posted by doublearrow View Post
                        Every vehicle loan I've had if I pay extra it takes off the next payment. Pay double this month there's no balance due the next.
                        Yep, me too. I've paid 4 times over my minimum payment on my ranger every month since I've had it. I'm trying to pay it off in one year from the date of purchase. My statement says that my next payment isn't due until sometime in 2019.

Comment

My Harley was repossessed by mistake!

Originally posted by Pullersboy View Post
                          Yep, me too. I've paid 4 times over my minimum payment on my ranger every month since I've had it. I'm trying to pay it off in one year from the date of purchase. My statement says that my next payment isn't due until sometime in 2019.

If that is the case, then you are likely not paying off extra principal, but rather just paying ahead, and when paid off, you will have paid the same amount of interest as if you paid on it for the whole term! For most loan agreements there is a big difference between paying extra principal and making payments ahead of time.

Wampusscat, I hope you get this mess all straightened out!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                          Last edited by Bisch; 05-05-2018, 07:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by doublearrow View Post
                            Every vehicle loan I've had if I pay extra it takes off the next payment. Pay double this month there's no balance due the next.
                            Originally posted by Pullersboy View Post
                            The payment issue is irrelevant if the lender did not order the repo. They are out of the picture, and the repo agent misidentified his bike while trying to repo some else’s. The lender is not at fault according to the OP.

Any pictures of the damage?

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                              If that is the case, then you are likely not paying off extra principal, but rather just paying ahead, and when paid off, you will have paid the same amount of interest as if you paid on it for the whole term! For most loan agreements there is a big difference between paying extra principal and making payments ahead of time.

Wampusscat, I hope you get this mess all straightened out!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                              This can't be right.....

If you're six months ahead, when you get to the six months from paid off point, the advance payments will be more than enough to make a payoff because they included the interest.

And the interest that you 'pre-paid' will be the overage.

(i think this assumes that if you are paying attention and let them know to apply it all to principal at that point...and you don't have a prepayment penalty)

It's a screwing either way, which is why extra payments should always be designated as to be applied to principal, and if you are worried about not being able to make a future payment, just deposit the amount in your emergency fund.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooper View Post
                                Make Harley Davidson Finance pay for it....they started this mess!!!
                                Repo was only doing what they were asked to do...that is their job.
                                Get your Lawyer to contact HDF.
                                ^^^^^^^^^^^^
                                turn it over to insurance and let them fight it out, with the finance company while your bike is going to get fixed anyway ... IMO

Comment

Working...
                                X