Select Baseball 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
    Scrimmaged our 10U team tonight... first time ever pitching to batters and the boys did great with strikeouts flyouts and a ton of ground balls against a team of boys whos lightest kid outweighs our heaviest by 40 lbs...
    NO WALKS or hit batters.

My lil man smoked a 55-60 pitch to right field.. wasnt scared.. was fun to watch... 9u tourney should be a cool experience for these boys
    Man I hope they can carry it over

My 10u is playing a team from Oklahoma we haven't seen before and a FW Frogs team we haven't played since they beat us in 8u, good to see some new teams. We are playing at a dump of a park though with 175ft fences, ridiculous that an NIT is being played there.

A good friend and old teammate of ours plays for academy select now and they drew the 2 best teams in the tourney, the Bombers and Banditos...

7u will be in Mansfield at BLD against 2 new teams.

Comment

Good luck to all you guys this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
        Man I hope they can carry it over

My 10u is playing a team from Oklahoma we haven't seen before and a FW Frogs team we haven't played since they beat us in 8u, good to see some new teams. We are playing at a dump of a park though with 175ft fences, ridiculous that an NIT is being played there.

A good friend and old teammate of ours plays for academy select now and they drew the 2 best teams in the tourney, the Bombers and Banditos...

7u will be in Mansfield at BLD against 2 new teams.
        They have enough teams to fill a 7u tourney?

Comment

Originally posted by jkk831 View Post
          They have enough teams to fill a 7u tourney?
          Well we have 5 in AAA, but there are 27 in AA.

Comment

Originally posted by elliscountyhog View Post
            Where you guys at BLD this weekend? That photo is not our team BTW lol. We played there in the 13U division. Got 2nd Ennis Outlaws.
            Yep. I think it was a 14U team.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
              Can the mods just ban him from this thread?

We just gotta ignore it ... It doesn't stop.

Like this....problem solved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

tons of teams playing all over this weekend..all tourneys are past capacity... we have to play our pool games over flow at a garbage field in a part of town i might just rent a car to go to in...

Comment

I got a deal on a 2018 Easton Ghost X Hyperlite 25" -12 Junior Big Barrel Baseball Bat to try for my son (hes a little guy..and been swinging a 26 -11 since 7u..)
                  and this deal is too easy to not just try it out and see what happens... however i know very little about the Easton Ghost hyperlites...
                  anyone got some insite? (not really a composite kinda guy..but if it has the pop of a cat7..i could probably be sad but let go of the ping )..

Comment

I've never seen one in person but have seen guys online saying their kids hit them well.

Comment

Came in..we'll try and break it in tomorrow...
                      Boys did good with second ever practice for leading off, stealing, and reading pitchers..

Gonna be fun... real baseball!

Comment

system- same thing my kid did and it is baseball. Much better as long as both pitchers just throw strikes. My kid had a cannon of an arm at that age and didn't pitch because he could not buy a strike. he still goes through rough spots at 15 but he works out of it quick.
                        hope they stay playing up.

Comment

Originally posted by Full Throttle View Post
                          Frankel. The guy is a real piece of work... I’ll just leave it at that since it’s Sunday. Good luck to your boys today fellas [emoji106]

You ready for this weekend? To bad we start the morning off and y’all finish the night off. This tournament is pretty weird for Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by tonyt79 View Post
                            You ready for this weekend? To bad we start the morning off and y’all finish the night off. This tournament is pretty weird for Sunday.

I reckon... what team are y’all on again? We drew the toughest pool in the tournament. 5 Tool is big with the high school guys. So I’m somewhat accustomed to the format, except it’s usually 3 pool games and the pool winners play on Sunday and everyone else goes home. I think Lyn Vanlandingham set 5 tool up several years back. We will see how it shakes out for the younger guys.
                            Gotta play to win on Saturday! Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Full Throttle View Post
                              I reckon... what team are y’all on again? We drew the toughest pool in the tournament. 5 Tool is big with the high school guys. So I’m somewhat accustomed to the format, except it’s usually 3 pool games and the pool winners play on Sunday and everyone else goes home. I think Lyn Vanlandingham set 5 tool up several years back. We will see how it shakes out for the younger guys.
                              Gotta play to win on Saturday! Good luck.

Ropes-Whitsell, we have not started off the season good. So we will see how it goes

Comment

so evidently the fields we are playing at, Gene Campbell park, formerly McFalls, are going to be 150ft down the lines and 170ft to center, for a 10uMajors super NIT meanwhile my 7u son will be playing at BLD with 300+ft fences...

its funny to see you STX guys talking about the TD down there that runs utrip tourneys, we all talk about ours up here the same way, some of the parks we end up at are ridiculous.

also, we just got an email that there will be a $10 PER DAY gate fee for anyone over $12.

Comment

Working...
                                X