• Show
Clear All

How does my form look?

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394035208.335084.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	237.9 KB
ID:	25010174

My wife took this picture at the Fredericksburg shoot. I was squatting a bit to avoid hitting a limb but I wanted to hear any feedback about my form. It feels comfortable and I'm shooting consistent this way but I'm fairly new to traditional and don't want to develop any bad habits. Thanks!

I will be the first... Stand up straighter and you will get more draw length. Squatting is for looking under limbs etc. Your elbow is well in line with the arrow but is there a reason you are shooting 4 fingers under instead of 3?

Comment

Originally posted by rubydog View Post
      Your elbow is well in line with the arrow but is there a reason you are shooting 4 fingers under instead of 3?
      That's what I noticed as well Terry. Looks like you are holding with 4 fingers.

Comment

your form is skinnier than mine. how did u shoot

Comment

Originally posted by jpbruni View Post
          That's what I noticed as well Terry. Looks like you are holding with 4 fingers.

I'm actually shooting 3 fingers under with a tab. My pinky is not pulling the string or being pinched but now you mention it I'm going to make sure it's not in the way. I think it's just resting on the outside of the string.

Comment

Elbow is a little high,and your left arm i think is to straight are you hitting an anchor point every time like index fingertip in corner of mouth string on nosetip Or such, also looks like your grip on riser is awful tight relax that a bit,

Comment

Looks good....

Comment

Your cap is backwards.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                  Your cap is backwards.
                  Lol! JT has it all figured out.

Just relax your grip on the bow and straighten your wrist a bit.

Comment

Thanks for all the feedback!

Comment

It looks like you've got it covered. How is your shooting? That will say a lot about your form

Comment

3 fingers under and anchoring as high as you do puts the arrow under your right eye. That's what I do when shooting trad to deal with left eye dominance and refusing to learn to do anything left handed. You're sighting right down the arrow for left-right alignment.

Consider learning how to gap shoot now for distance adjustments instead if instinctive. Lots of info elsewhere on how to gap shoot.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill in San Jose View Post
                          3 fingers under and anchoring as high as you do puts the arrow under your right eye. That's what I do when shooting trad to deal with left eye dominance and refusing to learn to do anything left handed. You're sighting right down the arrow for left-right alignment.

Consider learning how to gap shoot now for distance adjustments instead if instinctive. Lots of info elsewhere on how to gap shoot.

Your absolutely right, I gap shoot. Notice my full length arrows. I have experimented with different ways to shoot such as pure instinctive along with split finger and gap shooting has always worked better for me. It's an aiming system which I like but you have to know your distances, I'm hoping I get good enough where it evolves into instinctive after a good amount of practice. I shot a 171 at the Fredericksburg shoot, missed 4 out of the 30 targets, this my first time shooting 3D. I plan on going to the Brazoria shoot in a couple weeks.

Comment

Good shooting. I need to put my compound down and commit to practice with my recurve again.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill in San Jose View Post
                              Good shooting. I need to put my compound down and commit to practice with my recurve again.

I'm starting to get addicted to traditional and going to try to hunt this season without my Mathews. There is just nothing like watching the flight of your arrow shoot with a traditional , you feel so connected, like throwing a baseball. The compound is starting to seem like a machine to me, less connection there.

Comment

Working...
                              X