Toxic doe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toxic doe

I had a good crew at the farm this weekend. Benben, Deadeyedeb, my son Todd and oldest grandson Cody. Saturday evening everyone went to stand but me, and I stayed at the house for camp chores. I have been on a little bit of a losing streak. Last weekend we didn't recover a big pig I stuck in Cotulla and a week before that, I put a arrow through a grey fox and lost him in a burn pile. It would have been my first fox.

So 5:30 rolls around and I hear the fence feeder go off behind the house. I decided to grab my bow, go sit for awhile, and enjoy the sunset. A 200 yard walk and I climbed up the 2 man ladder stand. Not sure why, but I nocked the Toxic broadhead I had riding in my quiver instead of my usual 3 blade Muzzy.

We've been covered up in deer lately, but the first hour of the sit was slow, no movement. Eventually I see a couple of does working their way in. The first made a beeline to the feeder, but the larger doe made a big loop before coming in from the side. When she finally got quartered away, I sent her death package on it's way. A good hit, but no pass thru and she takes off with the lighted nock glowing. Through the fence line and into the field on the other side, I thought I could hear her go down close. I gave it a few minutes and climbed down to good blood at the point of impact. A short trail and I could see the Lumenok sticking out of the grass like a beacon.

Ended up being a decent doe for us, 102 lbs. The Toxic did a number on her, a few ribs back, but right up into chest cavity. Here's the meat and with my grandson on the camera of the LDP.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Toxic doe tbh.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	160.5 KB
ID:	24993602

Deb also took a doe in the AM and here's a link to her bowkill.

Thanks for coming along

Hogboy

Looks good man!

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

Good deal, congrats.

Comment

How many deer/pigs have you shot with the Toxic's and what kind of review do you have. I am a Muzzy man but my son is dying to shoot the Toxic's, dont want him to spend the money if they arent reliable.

Comment

nice doe

Comment

Way to go Gary!!!!!!
                Dude wasn't planning to hunt, changes his mind, and has a doe hanging before the rest of us come in!!!!!
                Way to go!!!!!!
                Won't it be awesome if the next time we hunt together that Mr10 comes back like in the TC pic and some strange shooter comes by me and we double up again!!!!!
                It is so much fun at the Hilton. Even work is fun. And we enjoy doing it. To be seranaded when fixing breakfast, how cool is that? Thank you again Gary!!!!!!

Comment

Sounds like your back in the saddle... nice!

Comment

Outstanding! Congrats on breaking the streak

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Congrats on the doe. Good to get on a positive streak. We've all had lost animals, never fun. But it's part of it. Nice shot on the doe.

Comment

Congrats Gary, I need to come visit you one of these weekends.

Comment

Congrats Gary.

Comment

Always a blast at the Hilton. Thanks for the hospitality and kindness. Congrats again and have fun in Catulla.

Comment

Working...
                              X