Inspired by a 225 year old woman.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So i have been reading the saga of the Sacagawea bow and the travels she has been on. After seeing ,(Reading) , the posts from everyone who has shot her i have decided to get serious about trad.
    Cant say I'm selling my Mathews as i think we have alot more memories to make together but i have a desire to up my game. I want to add to my own legacy, ( In my own mind) and some of that has to be done the hard way. I will have a ton of questions and some will be less than stellar I'm sure but i hope i can get some help here. I don't know alot of folks who shoot trad and the ones i do know are separated by many miles.
    For everyone who was and is a part of the Sacagawea thread , thank you for the great write ups.

fox1

Welcome to the obsession. There is a ton of knowledge on this site, along with some great guys and gals always ready to help out a newbie.

Comment

Might as well pull up a chair... you're gonna be here a while

BTW, I haven't sold my Mathews either. But I haven't picked it up much either.

Comment

Welcome to the fun side!

Bisch

Comment

Welcome to the trad world! It's a fun experience to say the least.

Comment

Welcome! start putting some money aside... your gonna need it!

Comment

Welcome! You will find that there are many around here willing to answer your questions and give you whatever guidance you need. When I got my first trad bow I had every intention of continuing to shoot the compound as well. It did not work out that way - whenever I had time to shoot a few arrows I could not help but pick up the stickbow. My trusty old Mathews Feathermax - slayer of countless critters - has been hanging in the closet, undrawn for over 4 years....

Comment

Before I started shooting a stick I thought the trad guys were kind of off. I still think that but have much more respect for them.

Lots of great guys on here willing to help.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                  Before I started shooting a stick I thought the trad guys were kind of off. .
                  Ha! I used to think trad guys were mostly older, kinda quirky guys who were a bit eccentric. At some point, in a moment of clarity I realized that described me perfectly.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                    Ha! I used to think trad guys were mostly older, kinda quirky guys who were a bit eccentric. At some point, in a moment of clarity I realized that described me perfectly.
                    Describes a lot of us.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                      Originally posted by Phillip Fields View Post
                      Describes a lot of us.
                      Yep!!!!

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by moreammo View Post
                        Welcome! start putting some money aside... your gonna need it!
                        No truer words...

Comment

Welcome to this wonderful world of traditional archery! You will never regret it... Despise it at times, make you wanna chew on a sharp broadhead some days, but, the koolaid is so sweet, it'll keep ya comin back! Good Luck, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

Working...
                          X