No announcement yet.

Shnf 16-17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I normally use a machete and scrape of all the bark of the tree on the way in and out! Lol!! How the heck has everyone been?

Comment

I put tacks a long way apart I know the direction I am going so if they are 50-100 yards apart only I will know what they are for. I also never start tacks on a trail. They could start 50 yards off a trail or in a very familiar area 200 yards off a trail. You can't follow them if you don't know where they go.

Comment

Originally posted by E.TX.BOWHUNTER View Post
        I put tacks a long way apart I know the direction I am going so if they are 50-100 yards apart only I will know what they are for. I also never start tacks on a trail. They could start 50 yards off a trail or in a very familiar area 200 yards off a trail. You can't follow them if you don't know where they go.
        Bingo!!

Comment

Pics

Anybody getting any good pics yet also will we start seeing some antler growth yet?

Comment

Originally posted by NF HUNTER View Post
            I normally use a machete and scrape of all the bark of the tree on the way in and out! Lol!! How the heck has everyone been?
            What's up stranger?!!! I agree on the tape every 5-10 yds. Kinda ridiculous. I tear them off every chance I get. Throw them away when I get home.

Comment

Originally posted by E.TX.BOWHUNTER View Post
              I do similar with trails. I may put a tack on a trail, but it is telling me to go 50 more paces and turn right, etc.

Comment

I saw some flagging along a logging road. I was like "really?" SMH.

Comment

Originally posted by BowOnly81 View Post
                  What's up stranger?!!! I agree on the tape every 5-10 yds. Kinda ridiculous. I tear them off every chance I get. Throw them away when I get home.
                  I've been hanging in there! I still have a job. How about you and your family, doing good?

Comment

I've been hanging in there! I still have a job. How about you and your family, doing good?
                    Yes sir. Heading out again in the morning for another rig in west TX. At least 9 days there so staying busy enough.

Comment

Originally posted by v8s10ac View Post
                      Anybody getting any good pics yet also will we start seeing some antler growth yet?
                      Got a little buck at the house that already has some forks growing. Maybe 4-6 inches, hard to tell

Comment

Hell I just cut 'em down.

I was thinking about you and Brad the other day. How y'all been?
                        Last edited by Etxbuckman; 06-21-2016, 08:44 PM.

Comment

Lee thats great news! John, Brad and I have been doing good. Ive been working on the chassis of my drag car lately. How have you been? You were talking about a new type of work last time I talked to you.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                            I consider flagging as littering. Picking up trash left in nature is a noble thing to do.
                            I tear it down and clean it off the trees any chance I get... Use a GPS

Comment

Originally posted by BowOnly81 View Post
                              Yes sir. Heading out again in the morning for another rig in west TX. At least 9 days there so staying busy enough.
                              Glad to hear your doing well Lee! I'm switching jobs as my job has come to a HALT-LOL. Good thing if your a good in sales everyone wants you

Comment

Lee thats great news! John, Brad and I have been doing good. Ive been working on the chassis of my drag car lately. How have you been? You were talking about a new type of work last time I talked to you.
                                You have my attention....

Comment

Working...
                                X