Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Following

Comment

I bought a ribalizer , only used it once , ribs were pretty good .
      I want to try some beef ribs in it

Comment

Originally posted by dope hunter View Post
        What kind of smoker are you using?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I have a charcoal grill with a smoke box. I picked up some mesquite wood chunks and some apple wood chips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy7306 View Post
          I have a charcoal grill with a smoke box. I picked up some mesquite wood chunks and some apple wood chips.

Use charcoal in your firebox and try to regulate the temp around 250. Add more charcoal as needed to keep the temp steady. Use the wood chunks for smoke.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

First smoke was a success! Maybe a little too done, but they were great!!

Comment

Originally posted by Biggs View Post
              3-2-1 method... Works well and 95% of people will love them.
              Agree 3-2-1 all the way.

Comment

First time ever smoking meat and i did 2 racks of ribs with Smarts method yesterday. Turned out really good, i did use butcher paper instead of foil. Other than that they were great and juicy.

Comment

Another vote for no foil. I like the textured of a former rib. I do 250 until they pull back from bone 1/4 inch. Pecan all the way. However, too each their own.

Comment

Man those ribs look good. I like to put that butter and honey on them when I wrap them talk about delicious

Comment

Smart, recipe looks good and look forward to trying the dry version. For those that prefer baby backs, how would you modify time/temp?

Anyone run ribs at 300-325 on the smoker? I used to swear by the 2-2-1 at 225, but don’t think I’ll ever go back after smoking hot and fast and using a butcher paper wrap. Less time overall and feels like perfect mix of bark and bite tenderness, while not falling off the bone.

Comment

You fella’s sure waste lots of foil! [emoji6]

Comment

Smart, school me on ribs

Originally posted by bboswell View Post

You fella’s sure waste lots of foil! [emoji6]

They don’t make it to sit on the roll![emoji41].

Recycle it too[emoji1303]

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                            I'm pretty much the same way as most of these fellas above on the times....

I'll peel the membrane and trim off any excess fat...trim to St.Louis style ribs....then cover both sides in rub of your choice. You can use mustard or oil as a binder if you want.

I smoke at 250-275 for 2 hours (3 if pit is 225) and spritz at one hour and second hour.

I then double wrap pouring a half cup of apple juice in the bottom of the foil. If I want a sweet rib, I'll cover the top with liquid butter with a silicone brush and brown sugar as well as a light dusting of more rub. If a savory rib is the choice for the day, I add the squeeze butter and the light dusting of rub.

Put it back on the pit for another 2 hours....

If it is to be a dry rib, I open up the foil after the 2 hours above and let the bark set up for 45min -hour.

If it is a wet rib with BBQ sauce, I open to let it set up for 30 minutes, add BBQ sauce with a silicone brush and let that carmelize for another 30. For the BBQ sauce, I usually take some of the au jous from the foil and mix with Head Country or SBR Sweet and Spicy to cut it then glaze with a silicone brush.

I'll usually let them rest in the foil closed back up for 30 minutes while I prep the other food.... although resting for a thin cut of meat like ribs is not as important as a brisket or PB.

Flip over the rack so you can see the bone and cut accordingly. Cutting from the top is a guessing game..

This is what I do. It's probably a little OCD for some, but it works for me. There are a million ways to do it..

[ATTACH]723539[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]723535[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]723536[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]723537[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]723538[/ATTACH]
                            Alright ol boy I'm going to give it a try

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

I like to add cayenne to regular rub, then do the butter/brown sugar like Jason mentioned. That sweet heat combo is bad ***!

No sauce!

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                                I like to add cayenne to regular rub, then do the butter/brown sugar like Jason mentioned. That sweet heat combo is bad ***!

No sauce!

Agreed No Sauce!

If I'm having guests over and don't know their preference, I get a metal bowl and put the sauce in it and put on smoker for last 30 min or so. That way those who want to sauce their ribs can have some warm, smokey, and a little caramelized sauce to spread on while the dry rub fans can have it without sauce.

Comment

Working...
                                X