No announcement yet.

Which pistols should I look at?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The sig 365 does look good, good idea, but a lot of guys are having issues with theirs. FTF, FTE. A lot of videos about it also. Glock 43 would be my choice, my not have everything you are looking for, but reliable, easy to conceal, comfortable to carry.

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
      ^^^^This or the FN 509 or the Sig P320. All three have four inch barrels and 15+ round capacity. I'm trying to decide which one of these I'm getting myself.
      If you can find the P320 Carry, that is the one for ya. Compact barrel but full size magazine.

OP...check out the Sig P365.

Comment

Check out the Springfield XD. Helluva pistol.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
          You might want to look at the newest Sig, the P365. About the same size as a Shield or G43, but with a 10 round capacity. I carry a Shield, but I'm thinking on this one pretty hard. Now, what to do with all the .40 ammo I have.........
          How much you got?

Comment

Cz, fn509, etc are good balances. I personally love my ruger sr9c, and like having the 17 rd mag and 10. Plus ruger has taken good care of me.
            Had a situation this week, luckily did not need to draw, but sure was glad to have 17+1 ready to go..

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
              You might want to look at the newest Sig, the P365. About the same size as a Shield or G43, but with a 10 round capacity. I carry a Shield, but I'm thinking on this one pretty hard. Now, what to do with all the .40 ammo I have.........
              I'm in the same boat. I was going to put my Xdm-40 up for sale in order to get a new 9mm, but then I looked at all the .40 ammo I have stocked up on over the years.... and changed my mind.

I need to shoot it a lot more often, or start selling off all this .40 cal ammo or trading for 9mm.

... but then there are the .40 cal dies, the reloading brass, the projectiles, the powder....

Yeah, I keep talking myself out of it.

All the best,
              Glenn

Comment

Also i know i said the fn 509, but check out the fs9c. Similar to my ruger sr9c but FN.

Comment

Glock 26 with 19 magazines. Compact with 16 rounds.

Glock 43 with a + 4 extension. single stack with 11 rounds..

I have both.

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
                    The sig 365 does look good, good idea, but a lot of guys are having issues with theirs. FTF, FTE. A lot of videos about it also. Glock 43 would be my choice, my not have everything you are looking for, but reliable, easy to conceal, comfortable to carry.
                    Bought one recently after Sig resumed shipping. They made some modifications to fix the issues and I have zero complaints so far.

Comment

I'll catch a lot ot hi's for this, but a good carry is the Ruger LC9s. Dependable and a reasonable price, Let's face it, any carry gun that is carried is going to get a lot of wear and tear. Why buy a $600 Sig when a $300 gun will do the same. This from a person that has and loves Colt 1911's and Glocks.

Comment

Can’t go wrong with a Glock 19 or 26. The CZ p10C and FN 509 would be the next ones on the list but the mags and aftermarket accessories are either more expensive or less available.

Comment

Originally posted by Alemana View Post
                          I have the PX4 and love it.
                          me too, felt better in my hand than most of the other higher priced guns, except for the Sigs.

Comment

Originally posted by wsteffen View Post
                            I'll catch a lot ot hi's for this, but a good carry is the Ruger LC9s. Dependable and a reasonable price, Let's face it, any carry gun that is carried is going to get a lot of wear and tear. Why buy a $600 Sig when a $300 gun will do the same. This from a person that has and loves Colt 1911's and Glocks.
                            My Keltec PF9 is VERY similar to the LC9. This is a couple of reasons why I’m looking at a better pistol.

1. Age and wear/tear. I have carried my PF9 every day(literally) for the last 6 years and it shows. Factor in the range time and about 800 rounds put down the pipe and it is time for a replacement.

2. Accuracy. At less than 7 yards my PF9 is pretty accurate, but anything 10+ yards and it is VERY difficult to hit due to the long trigger pull(due to no safety) and a short barrel. With my wife’s Sig P238 (I make sure she always has a nice pistol) I can reliably hit at 10 yards due to a MUCH better trigger. My goal with a new pistol is to combine a better trigger with a longer barrel and reduced recoil to reliably hit at 25+ yards.

3. Round count. You have never, nor will you ever hear anyone who has had to use their firearm for defensive purposes say “I just had too many rounds.” Right now I always carry 2 extra magazines, plus one in the pistol and one round in the chamber for a total of 22 rounds. It sure would be nice to only carry 1 extra mag.

I think I’m gonna have to make a trip to College Station to visit Champion and test fire quit a few pistols. Y’all confirmed a couple of pistols I have been eyeing and gave some new ones to look into. Thanks.

Comment

Yeah lc9s are good, but honestly i just feel like they're too small of a gun ( for the reasons you've pointed out with the pf9). Not bad if it's all you can carry, but try to carry as much gun as you can honestly. During that situation this week i mentioned, another guy that stopped and had his at the ready had a similar sized gun (as the 16+ capacity guns mentioned above) in an offbody style holster that looked like a binoculars harness. We were all dressed in business casual but armed and confident enough to intervene in the situation without yet knowing the full details of the situation (is it one teenager, or is it 4 adult males, etc).

I should clarify that one of the reasons not knowing the details matters, is normally we think of <7 yards for self defense. But in this case it was in defense of others and so suddenly running from 30 yds to 15 yds hands ready while assessing makes your accuracy with a light pistol very difficult. I never expected to be in this situation in a million years but it opened my eyes and was glad i was confident with what I had.
                              Last edited by Hooverfb; 04-13-2018, 09:08 PM. Reason: Clarification

Comment

I carry a Glock 43, with +2 mag extensions. I’m only 5’7”, carry it basically at my kidney. Mag extension not only gives extra rounds, but also a place for my pinky, which gives me a lot more comfortable grip, and control.

My Dad carries a Glock 19

My Brother carries a CZ75 Compact

All are really fantastic and reliable.

I’ve shot hundreds of rounds through each of them, and like them all. The 43 is relatively new to me, only put a few thousand rounds through it so far.

Comment

Working...
                                X