50's style recurve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

50's style recurve

If anyone out there shoots one, do you have an issue with low arm slap? I know it definitely could be form related, but I am getting a little slap (not a major hit) just above the wrist. This is with my Northwind recurve. 58@28 and 56" amo.

Thanks in advance.

I've usually been able to correct it with brace height and/or rotating my elbow out, except for one bow, haven't been able figure it out.

Comment

This!
      Originally posted by tex4k View Post
      I've usually been able to correct it with brace height and/or rotating my elbow out, except for one bow, haven't been able figure it out.

Comment

I've tried rotating my elbow, no change, and I am shooting recommended brace height, guess I could increase it a little at a time and see what happens. Thanks for the thought.

Comment

Any time i get slapped its a BR issue. Usually because of string stretch( new string )

Comment

What was said above is generally the problem (elbow and brace height), but you may also be collapsing your wrist and/or putting pressure on the heel of your hand.
            What is your brace height? and what is recommended?
            Generally recurves are going to be 7 1/2" or more and that should be mid-forearm rather than just above the wrist.
            I just read your post again. If you are overbowed (too much draw weight) you will likely be collapsing your wrist in order to get the bow to full draw.
            Last edited by El Paisano; 09-26-2015, 07:36 PM. Reason: more info

Comment

The recommended is 7 1/2, which is where it currently is. It is possible to be overbowed a little. Not the heaviest I have owned or shot, but it feels heavier? Maybe due to the shorter length? Anyhow I also have really wrecked the rotator cuff in my right shoulder and had a few years of therapy on it. Again the possibility of overbow may be right. Never thought about collapsing my wrist. It's hard to know when your by yourself shooting. Will check it out tomorrow.
              Thanks Again

Comment

Working...
              X