Disney for Spring Break-Do’s & Dont’s?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going to Orlando during Spring Break. Wife, Me & boys ages 3 & 5. Looking for must do’s, donts and another advice you can give on Disney & other Orlando must do’s. Thanks

Don’t. Ha.

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
      Don’t. Ha.
      That’s what I was going to say!!!

Comment

We just got back, if you hit Disney Studios I recommend getting a fast pass for the new slinky dinky dog roller coaster in the Toy Story Park, it’s a great ride. I also highly recommend catching lunch or dinner at the Sci-Fi Drive In. The fried pickles are on point. If you spend a day in magic kingdom I dig the haunted mansion too, it’s pretty old school Disney.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yeah, it'll be crazy. If you're going there for you and your wife, you'll have fun. If you're going for your kids, then you may want to re-think that plan.

I told my wife we weren't going until the kids are old enough to remember it. We went in Feb 2015 and my experience says your kids are too young. I cannot tell you how many G14-Classified-strap-them-down-in-the-stroller-fits I saw. Young kids don't really have a good time at Disney and kids that young will be relegated to about 10% of the rides, if that.

Not saying to not go, but go with realistic expectations. It's too expensive of a trip to go in with high hopes and then have a terrible time fighting the kids.

But Disney runs a tight ship and the staff are well trained and seem like the really enjoy working there. My daughter never encountered a staff member who didn't say, "Hello, Princess!!!" It was all first class.

Now, the food is where they'll kill you. But we did our trip on the cheap and still spent about $2k. We drove there from Kansas and stayed at a La Quinta for about $90/night for a suite, including free breakfast and free shuttles to all the parks. We packed our lunches, stored them in lockers at the gate, and had picnics on park benches all week. We ate out for dinner.

YMMV, and I'm sure some will come along with more encouragement about the kids issue, but this was my experience. Hope this helps. Good luck and have a great trip.

Edit: you can try for the Fast Passes, but my bet is that they're already all sold out for the Spring Break time frame.

There's also an app you can download that will help navigate the parks, show you where restrooms are, and get Fast Pass info.
          Last edited by kry226; 02-20-2019, 11:40 PM.

Comment

FAST PASSES FAST PASSES FAST PASSES......we also did the daily meal plan.

Where you staying? On site?

Comment

We come way to often and I am actually setting on our balcony at Wilderness Lodge right now. Do plan, plan, plan. For riding rides get fast passes early in the day. You can always modify. Keep refreshing your app. Even if it says none available keep refreshing they pop up all day long. Once you use your 3 you can continue to get another fast pass one at a time, but only after using your original 3. We haven’t waited longer than 15 minutes for anything and have ridden everything we wanted mulitiple times. Don’t come and just wing it. I promise you will be miserable. Plan a little down time you will wear yourself and the kids out if not.

Comment

Originally posted by PEC View Post
                We come way to often and I am actually setting on our balcony at Wilderness Lodge right now. Do plan, plan, plan. For riding rides get fast passes early in the day. You can always modify. Keep refreshing your app. Even if it says none available keep refreshing they pop up all day long. Once you use your 3 you can continue to get another fast pass one at a time, but only after using your original 3. We haven’t waited longer than 15 minutes for anything and have ridden everything we wanted mulitiple times. Don’t come and just wing it. I promise you will be miserable. Plan a little down time you will wear yourself and the kids out if not.
                Love Wilderness Lodge!!

We use a Disney Planner (it’s free, they get paid through Disney), we just got back, 7 days, all planned out, went to every park, ride every ride and never waited more than 45 minutes for a ride. He’s correct on the app, it’s a HUGE help on seeing wait times. There are secret codes in the times on the app....my wife is trying to remember some of the tricks. I’ll forward them to ya.

I hated and barked about going, but it was pretty dang cool.....the Wilderness Lodge was best part of the trip.

Another tip, go to park early RIDE RIDE RIDE.....go back to hotel mid day and swim or veg.....go back to park for the evening. Crowds are thinner.

Comment

Following along as we'll be there for spring break too. I'm hoping it's not as crazy as everyone is saying.

Comment

Following. We go at the end of July. My boy loves everything starwars.

Comment

[QUOTE=Captain39;14006167]Going to Orlando during Spring Break. Wife, Me & boys ages 3 & 5. Looking for must do’s, donts and another advice you can give on Disney & other Orlando must do’s. Thanks

If you’re staying on site at the Disney resort I would recommend going back to the room and taking a nap with the kids half way through the day so you can get the full Disney experience. I know last year they allow re-entry into the park... There is a lot of things that happen at night and a couple nights the kids passed out in the stroller and missed it. Also rent a stroller... we were walking around 6-8 miles a day...

Comment

Also we went last year during Spring Break... it seemed like it got crazy Tuesday of Spring Break

Comment

Do stay in the park
                          Don’t stay off the park

Comment

Abort! Yes stay in the park. Air B&B houses are cheap and they set the AC to cool only to 75 or higher degrees.

Comment

Avoid going on Gay-Day. Oh wait, I think that's only the one in California. You might double check.

Comment

Working...
                              X