Need some advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need some advice

I found a private seller in El Paso who has a rifle I would like to buy (I am located in Houston). Price is on the border of too good to be true and am I hesitant to send over the money and hope the rifle makes it to houston. What is the best way to do this transaction and protect myself from getting scammed? Is it possible to do an FFL to FFL transfer to make sure the gun is actually what he says it is? Not really sure where to start with this one.

Any help/advice from people who have experience with this would be really appreciated. Thanks

Ffl should work or a tbh express

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech38 View Post
      Yep. Trust an ffl or find a TBHer in El Paso to look at it for you.

Comment

If I go the FFL route, is there any way to guarantee he doesnt ship an empty box or nothing at all to the FFL after I send him the cash? Is it reasonable to withhold payment until it arrives at the FFL or is at least confirmed by the FFL?

Comment

This X 2

Comment

Originally posted by chtx View Post
            If I go the FFL route, is there any way to guarantee he doesnt ship an empty box or nothing at all to the FFL after I send him the cash? Is it reasonable to withhold payment until it arrives at the FFL or is at least confirmed by the FFL?
            Send the funds to the ffl. He can go there and the ffl can ship. Meaning ffl in El Paso.

Comment

What website is the gun for sale on?

If it's GunBroker look at the feedback

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                Send the funds to the ffl. He can go there and the ffl can ship. Meaning ffl in El Paso.
                that sounds like the way to go, thanks

Comment

Originally posted by mmoses View Post
                  What website is the gun for sale on?

If it's GunBroker look at the feedback
                  Its on texasguntrader.com. It was listed in the houston section but when i contacted him he said he was actually located in El Paso which made me a little hesitant

Comment

Originally posted by chtx View Post
                    Its on texasguntrader.com. It was listed in the houston section but when i contacted him he said he was actually located in El Paso which made me a little hesitant
                    Yeah I'd be worried. Tell him you want to go through an FFL. See what his response is.

You can look up ffls and verify them through the web

Comment

Well my Dad always told me if a deal sounds to good to be true and if you are hesitate about it I would go another route since this guy is not on TBH, good luck.

God Bless
                      Bish

Comment

Thanks everyone, I appreciate all the help

Comment

Let us know what you decide and how it turns out if you choose to move forward.

Comment

Yep, send an FFL the money, have him inspect the gun and ship it to you if the deal goes through. Unless you have someone you can trust that lives in El Paso.

I list and sell things all over the US, so I wouldn't let the El Paso-Houston thing scare you. Sometimes people are just looking for better markets.

Comment

Originally posted by Fargus View Post
                              Let us know what you decide and how it turns out if you choose to move forward.

Will do. I suggested sending the money to the FFL and having them ship it to me so we will see what he says

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X