Sheath design video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sheath design video

Well, I finally decided to play with iMovie on my phone and record various stages of me making a lined sheath for my knives. Very amateur video shooting with my George Strait playing the background (unbeknownst at the time so I laughed when I saw the videos). Captured about 3 hours worth in a 4 minute video. I'd say I probably recorded about 60% of my overall process but you get a good idea of what goes into my process. These sheaths are oiled a few times and sealed as well as a welt sewn in to make a long lasting nap sack for your fine blades. Thanks and hope you enjoy my goofy vid! (usually I'm singing along in the background but I tried to keep that nonsense to a hum...)

enjoy: https://youtu.be/mEwhp73lQDM
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Leon County Slayer; 05-06-2019, 09:49 AM.

That is interesting. You sure do pretty work sir.

Comment

Nice vid.

Comment

Originally posted by Pstraw View Post
        That is interesting. You sure do pretty work sir.
        Thanks man, appreciate the kind words

Comment

Great video, and nice clean work.

Comment

That's really nice. Thank you for taking the time to put that together.

Comment

Very cool. Thanks!

Comment

thanks guys, glad you enjoyed it!

Comment

Originally posted by Chad_E View Post
                  That's really nice. Thank you for taking the time to put that together.
                  I see why folks don’t do these much, it does take a lot of time!

Comment

Originally posted by White Falcon View Post
                    Nice vid.
                    Thanks WF - Appreciate your long time support too bro!

Comment

Great leather work!

People don't realize how much work goes into making a custom one-off knife and sheath.
                      When a person is asking X amount of $$$ for a custom knife and people think that it is too high you must realize the maker is much of the time actually working for far less than minimum wage.
                      Then add the cost of all the materials and tools and supplies. That's why I call it a hobby and not a bidnez

Comment

that is fine work right there.

there is nothing better for them than to rejoice and to do good in one's lifetime and that every man who eats and drinks sees good in all his labor - it is a gift from God.
                        ECC 3.12

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                          Great leather work!

People don't realize how much work goes into making a custom one-off knife and sheath.
                          When a person is asking X amount of $$$ for a custom knife and people think that it is too high you must realize the maker is much of the time actually working for far less than minimum wage.
                          Then add the cost of all the materials and tools and supplies. That's why I call it a hobby and not a bidnez
                          Indeed, as you spend more time in the craft, you figure a few things out that make it go a bit quicker but design time is often not factored in as well as the many tools needed to make a quality product with details.

Comment

Working...
                          X