No announcement yet.

Tell Me About Tennessee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I lived in Nashville for a year and did not like the city. It is a different pace than this side of the world. The country itself is beautiful for sure. Creeks, streams and rivers. Rolling hills and big trees. I tended to favor the eastern half a bit more but if I was headed that direction I'd keep driving and land in West Virginia but having family there, I'm a little biased.

Comment

Hear you have to do a lot of volunteer work there......that's all I remember hearing about it.

Comment

If it wasn't for Tennessee, there may not have been a Texas! Gotta like it at least for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoof View Post
          I lived in Nashville for a year and did not like the city. It is a different pace than this side of the world. The country itself is beautiful for sure. Creeks, streams and rivers. Rolling hills and big trees. I tended to favor the eastern half a bit more but if I was headed that direction I'd keep driving and land in West Virginia but having family there, I'm a little biased.
          My wife has family in W. Virginia also. I think WV is even more beautiful to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoof View Post
            I agree. West Virginia is very pretty, nice place to visit. North west Georgia is nice and Alabama is too. Just dont see myself living back east again, might not say that in a few years when we are over ran with California people.

Comment

I don’t care for the Titans

Comment

Friend of mine bought a Lake house on Norris Lake, near Sharps chapel. Beautiful 4 bedroom with a basement, dock, great view of the lake, and paid less than 1/2 what you would in TX for it.

Country was beautiful, lake was beautiful, locals were a different breed. But all in all it was awesome.

Comment

My wife and I love eastern rural Tennessee and have said that it is the only place we'd live other than Texas. We visit every chance we get.

Comment

We've been in Memphis for the last 3 years, but it's not really like the rest of TN. It's like it's own little city-state. The capital of the Delta. I love it here, but there's plenty of things we miss about Texas.

Comment

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsC4kf6x_Q0&t=3s"]DUELING BANJOS ~ Guitar & Banjo Song ~ Deliverance - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

im from Kingsport Tenn.

Comment

We were kind of talking about wanting some land to start paying on. If we could find something reasonable on the west side of the state it might be worth it. It’s about a 10 hour drive to Memphis from our house and that’d be close enough to visit a couple times a year.

Comment

Originally posted by brysdad View Post
                            We were kind of talking about wanting some land to start paying on. If we could find something reasonable on the west side of the state it might be worth it. It’s about a 10 hour drive to Memphis from our house and that’d be close enough to visit a couple times a year.
                            Holler if you've got any specific questions. Memphis is a metro area of
                            almost 1.5 mil people, so prices are higher close to town compared to way out like alot of other areas.

Comment

I covered a lot of rural stores in my Cracker Barrel days. Good people in the small towns. I really liked Murpheesborough and Bristol. Great fishing in the area. Beautiful trees. Area around Knoxville is breathtaking but the people act more urbanized. 7 percent state tax hurts.

Comment

I do.

Had a 3/2 house outside of Knoxville on 4 acres with a creek
                                Paid $99,000, $482/yr in taxes

Comment

Working...
                                X