2019 Saltwater Fishing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
    Saw lots of people had a tough day Saturday even with good winds... that was a brutal high pressure over us and the fish seem to lock down under it. Unless you're soaking croaker... those guys slammed them pretty good.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Fished hard last 2 days and only managed 2 keeper trout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Kids caught some bull reds Friday night while I was grilling up dinner. Weather was just too nice Saturday so headed to the surf, just pitched out Fish Bites and kicked back in the lazy chair. Whiting were nonstop could have filled 55 gallon drums of them if you wanted. Cut one up and ran out the whiting head and wasn't 5 minutes my son was hanging on to a screaming reel, fish headed to Cuba nonstop. Sure would have loved to see what that one was. That rod that got spooled is the same rod my other son caught an 8'4" hammerhead on so we're not talking about a weak rig. I didn't have any spare line so the rest of that whiting ended up on a smaller but still pretty stout rod, son's friend spent an hour bringing in a massive ray pushing 4' across. Everybody was done fishing after that. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
        Had a great weekend in matagorda. Friday was a bust and me and the wife and kids fought hurricane force winds till we had had enough.

Marsh hunter and myself fished Saturday morning to ideal conditions but unfortunately I was only able to catch 1 redfish. Overall a fantastic trip and can’t wait to do it again.

Was a dang good time bud! Let get after them again soon.
        I caught one heck of a sunburn, after I dropped you off at the harbor, I ran around for a couple hours. Didn't see a single person with a fish on.

Overall Friday and Saturday were dang tough. Friday I fished with a group of 6 with 2 boats in the water, total caught was two rat reds and one keeper trout.

Comment

Originally posted by marshhunter View Post
          Was a dang good time bud! Let get after them again soon.
          I caught one heck of a sunburn, after I dropped you off at the harbor, I ran around for a couple hours. Didn't see a single person with a fish on.

Overall Friday and Saturday were dang tough. Friday I fished with a group of 6 with 2 boats in the water, total caught was two rat reds and one keeper trout.
          I got yell at by the wife for my sunburned face and neck. Something to the tune of you need to wear sunblock you're going to end up with skin cancer.

Guess i should start wearing my buff.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
            I got yell at by the wife for my sunburned face and neck. Something to the tune of you need to wear sunblock you're going to end up with skin cancer.

Guess i should start wearing my buff.
            haha yea my shoulders got it bad, as I took the ol shirt off when I was running around.
            I even have sunscreen in the boat

Comment

Well I am glad it wasn't just me, Friday was tough in tough conditions but we managed a few in Pringle, tails for trout & flounder, Trout Support grass Walker for reds
              . Ran to West Matagorda sat morning in gorgeous conditions. Started with a 22" trout, followed with an 18, thought it was on for us. Cought 1 more at 17". Only 3 fish the 3 of us put in the box that morning.
              Finished by taking the late sleepers to the jetties for some black drum & slot reds.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Well, right as tournament season is heating up, mine is ending. The vehicle that hit my person a week ago caused whiplash. I’m still going to try and fish some but I know it will not be at a competitive level for a couple three months! All I can say is I have 20/20 vision about the 2020 season!!!

Michael

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                  Kids caught some bull reds Friday night while I was grilling up dinner. Weather was just too nice Saturday so headed to the surf, just pitched out Fish Bites and kicked back in the lazy chair. Whiting were nonstop could have filled 55 gallon drums of them if you wanted. Cut one up and ran out the whiting head and wasn't 5 minutes my son was hanging on to a screaming reel, fish headed to Cuba nonstop. Sure would have loved to see what that one was. That rod that got spooled is the same rod my other son caught an 8'4" hammerhead on so we're not talking about a weak rig. I didn't have any spare line so the rest of that whiting ended up on a smaller but still pretty stout rod, son's friend spent an hour bringing in a massive ray pushing 4' across. Everybody was done fishing after that. LOL

Awesome. Y’all catch the bulls in surf or jetties? We were on the island as well. We’ll have to meet up one of these days.

Comment

Originally posted by gigem95 View Post
                    Awesome. Y’all catch the bulls in surf or jetties? We were on the island as well. We’ll have to meet up one of these days.

You guys are on the little island right? We're over on the big island. Reds and drum seem like they're everywhere surf and jetty.

Comment

I fished Friday and Saturday in Matagorda. Friday was tough. I had a charter and we scratched and clawed for a few fish. We caught some redfish, a drum and a trout and a bunch of dinks. But that's what happens when it's blowing like that.

Saturday was good. I had a charter in the morning and we boxed our 20 trout pretty quick on live shrimp under popping corks and then caught and released a bunch more. I went looking for redfish for a couple of hours and found trout just about everywhere I went. We ended up with one nice flounder and 20 trout. The tide drop moved the reds around and I never did find any I could get to.

My daughter was home from college for the weekend so on our way back to the dock Saturday I texted her and told her to head on down and meet me at the dock if she wanted to go fishing. She did and we ran back out for a short afternoon trip. We fished about an hour and a half or so and boxed enough for a couple meals before heading in so she could get some studying done for tests this week. It was a nice day on the water and always better when I get to fish with my kids, even if just for a little while. I don't get to fish with my daughter much these days.

Pretty typical April fishing.

Comment

Originally posted by chief View Post
                        went fishing out of new orleans yesterday with the wife. We were supposed to fly out to the chandeleur islands and wade fish but the winds were to high so ended up fishing local out of a boat instead. Most of the reds were caught sight casting to them

sent from my iphone using tapatalk
                        is that a homewrecker lure i see!

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                          You guys are on the little island right? We're over on the big island. Reds and drum seem like they're everywhere surf and jetty.

Yessir. We’re on small island across jetties from you.

Comment

We fished Rockport Friday and Saturday. Actually caught bigger fish on Friday even though the wind was blowing like crazy.
                            Friday we ended up with 3 drum (20"-26"), 1 red (22") and 1 trout (23") using shrimp.
                            Saturday we only had 2 keeper trout around 16" (quite a few 14 inchers), but caught some big Sheepshead probably in the 5lb range (great fight).

Comment

Originally posted by HELLRAZOR View Post
                              is that a homewrecker lure i see!

Lol, good eye
                              Yes

Comment

Originally posted by Coastal Ducks View Post
                                I fished Friday and Saturday in Matagorda. Friday was tough. I had a charter and we scratched and clawed for a few fish. We caught some redfish, a drum and a trout and a bunch of dinks. But that's what happens when it's blowing like that.

Saturday was good. I had a charter in the morning and we boxed our 20 trout pretty quick on live shrimp under popping corks and then caught and released a bunch more. I went looking for redfish for a couple of hours and found trout just about everywhere I went. We ended up with one nice flounder and 20 trout. The tide drop moved the reds around and I never did find any I could get to.

My daughter was home from college for the weekend so on our way back to the dock Saturday I texted her and told her to head on down and meet me at the dock if she wanted to go fishing. She did and we ran back out for a short afternoon trip. We fished about an hour and a half or so and boxed enough for a couple meals before heading in so she could get some studying done for tests this week. It was a nice day on the water and always better when I get to fish with my kids, even if just for a little while. I don't get to fish with my daughter much these days.

Pretty typical April fishing.

Way to go Glenn!!

Comment

Working...
                                X