No announcement yet.

Dodge owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not that I like DEF but I would step up your years to a DEF truck. Those early year 6.7s do not get good mileage with the regen junk. Now if you delete it then go for it.

Says a real live 07 5.9 owner!
    Last edited by fullsizeaggie; 04-16-2019, 11:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by quackerback View Post
      Thanks guys. I am probably going to look into a 2010. Still gonna have some miles but not too bad.
      Mine is a 2010. Has 107k on it and is in great shape. I've replaced a door lock. Good luck!!

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a ‘15 6.7 with only 76k and counting. A delete is budgeted for the end of this year and I want to do something with the transmission for future reliability though. Currently I get 22-26 consistently on the highway empty with upper teens towing an 11k lb fiver.

Michael

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I don’t have 200k on my 2012 yet but I do have 143k on it. Deleted at 100k and glad I did. It’s a totally different truck and fuel mileage increased 3-4 mpg unloaded in mixed driving.

Truck has been solid. Only non maintenance item I have done is replace a front wheel hub.

2012 2500 Crew cab 4x4.

I would look for a 2011-2012 High Output version or step on up to a 14+. Yeah you have to deal with DEF unless you delete but the fuel mileage is MUCH better than the 2010-2012 trucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post
            I have a ‘15 6.7 with only 76k and counting. A delete is budgeted for the end of this year and I want to do something with the transmission for future reliability though. Currently I get 22-26 consistently on the highway empty with upper teens towing an 11k lb fiver.

Michael

You must have a unicorn or drive like a grandpa [emoji16].

I drove a 2016 for about 5k miles and the best I could get out of it was 20 on the highway unloaded.

This was driving the speed limit.....or somewhere around there most of the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Michael

Hand calculated? My diesels don’t get upper teens empty. Much less pulling 11k

Comment

Bluebonnet motors had 29 4 door diesels at the end of last month for $39,999. My friend bought one Friday but missed the inventory sale. He paid $43 beats the heck out of those $80,000 Chev & fords.

Comment

I would definitely look at trying to get into a later model if possible. Nothing that is Dodge branded. The later year model RAM's are great trucks inside & out.This coming from a loyal GM guy. I now have a 2016 2500 Laramie with the 6.4 Hemi, 135K miles on it & have had 0 problems. Always towing something from boat to trailers. I would buy a diesel if I didn't have to replace every 4 years.
                  Our work trucks are 2500's to 5500's. Several have 300K miles on them , all 2010's to 2019's. Just put a DEF pump in a 5500 but it had 285K on it.
                  The interiors on the new RAM trucks I think are best in class.

Comment

I've personally owned a 2000 7.3 powerstroke, 2004 5.9 cummins, 2005 6.0 powerstroke, 2008 duramax, 2011 6.7 cummins, and currently own a 2014 6.7 powerstroke. I've had multiple models of fleet trucks with the companies I've worked with over the years. I've driven and pulled with every generation model diesel truck. I have things that I like and dislike about all of them.

My favorite by far has been my 2011 6.7 cummins. I had 298k on it when I sold it last year. Truck was a brute. I drove it for a few days before I put EFI Live on it. The guys are right, the newer models (13 and up) get much better fuel mileage. Make sure you delete them regardless.

Most people that are highly opinionated and says one "sucks" have no clue what they're talking about, and have never personally owned something different. Just heard what their buddies tell them at the coffee shop.
                    Last edited by Arrowthreat; 04-16-2019, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dushon View Post
                      Hand calculated? My diesels don’t get upper teens empty. Much less pulling 11k

Yes, hand calculated on our trip to Big Bend last Autumn & I kept it at 60-65 in 5th. Empty I typically run 5mph under the speed limit. I’m not generally in a big hurry and the numbers prove it has been beneficial.

Michael

Comment

I owned a 2014 Laramie for years. Put 191000 on it before selling it for a pretty good price. Just bought a 2018 demo with 4000 miles just like the one I had. Except this one already had big tires and wheels and a bunch of typical Demo add ons. Love the truck and the motor. The new ones are much better made than the old ones. Only thing I ever replaced was the hub bearings on the front. The def system did earn a delete kit! Best pulling power and fuel economy for a 3/4 4x4 I could imagine. City avg 17-18 and highway was around 21-22 mpg. Liked it enough to buy another Laramie like the one I had.

Comment

I am now “forced” to do the delete. Was hopeful I could have put it off until the end of the year but, that’s not happening. I had the dreaded, “1xx miles to 5mph limp mode” pop up. I thought I was able to clear it with my little Bluetooth scanner but it popped back up.

Comment

I am now “forced” to do the delete. Was hopeful I could have put it off until the end of the year but, that’s not happening. I had the dreaded, “1xx miles to 5mph limp mode” pop up. I thought I was able to clear it with my little Bluetooth scanner but it popped back up.

I'm not sure where you're out of, but I would recommend robert ivy tunes with an EFI Live software program. He seems to have those 6.7 down.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowthreat View Post
                              I'm not sure where you're out of, but I would recommend robert ivy tunes with an EFI Live software program. He seems to have those 6.7 down.

I’m out of BCS. Thank you for the recommendation bud.

Michael

Comment

I’m out of BCS. Thank you for the recommendation bud.

Michael

There’s a good shop out on fm 50 in independence. Diesel innovations.

Comment

Working...
                                X