No announcement yet.

Drive or fly to Disney world

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I actually prefer to drive. Driving doesn’t bother me and I like to take the back roads .

Comment

Originally posted by sideways View Post
      Fly...
      I drove from Houston area and it wasn’t enjoyable for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

After hearing your journey I dang sure flew.

Comment

Last time we went, we drove. 7 hours from Abilene to West Monroe. Spent the night, saw the Duck Dynasty warehouse, ate some great cajun food. 7 hours to Destin. Spent a couple days on the beach. 7 hours to Orlando. Same deal on the way home. Was about a 12 day trip. If you have the time, it's not bad driving like that. Airports and airlines SUCK. But if you don't have the time, just fly and suffer through that.

Comment

Originally posted by phibob808 View Post
          We’ve driven to Destin and it wasn’t bad at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Good deal!!! Your almost 1/2 way there

I flew with a 2 and 6 yo. The ears bother the 2 yo on landing only. But 20 minutes worth of throwing a fit vs 2 LONG days in a car... 3 better for kids is a win! By time you figure fuel, motels and meals the flight is about paid for. And your there in 2 hours or so

Comment

Done the drive from Houston a couple of times and flown a few times. Driving straight is about 18 hours out of Houston.

If you have the funds and not a lot of time, I'd definitely fly. Enjoy more time at Disney as compared to the time on the road there and back. Southwest flights aren't too bad if booked well in advance.

Not to mention, I-10 traffic sucks in many areas (i.e. Baton Rouge, Mobile, etc.); there's tons of big rigs and even a single wreck can add hours to drive time.

But hey, if you have some extra time, the drive is manageable, especially if broken up. Plenty of nice places to stop on the way.

Comment

Originally posted by sideways View Post
              Fly...
              I drove from Houston area and it wasn’t enjoyable for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
              Same here in 2017. Went to Orlando studios couple weeks ago and flew. Way better!

Comment

My wife and her family make the drive with the kids several times a year. It's long but doable in a one day drive. I manage to only go once every other year and it's not a big deal. Going is easy, coming back is loooong.

Comment

Fly!!!!!!!!

Comment

We made the drive from San Antonio to Orlando a couple of years ago with our 4 kids, ages 3 to 8 at the time. Stopped for the night half way. The drive wasn't too bad, I'd do it again. We took plenty of stuff to keep the kids occupied.

Comment

Originally posted by Maddox View Post
                      Fly

If you drive and have a camper, take it. The Disney camp sight is apparently very nice.
                      Yes it is. We drove and took the 5th'r last month. Was enjoyable and the campsite is very nice.

Comment

From where you are, I would shop flights pretty hard and get a deal. I have never been able to get the $99 deal from Southwest to line up for our trips and we have been a lot. We have flown 2 times and it was about a grand each time, versus $400 for gas. We had the drive down pretty pat, leave the evening before and drive straight through but that is from Orange, situated on I10 at the La border. More or less a straight shot.

I do like having my own vehicle while there as we do other stuff than just the parks. Now that you have to pay resort parking, I am not sure it's worth it. We have not driven since the parking fee changes. It was nice to hop from resort to resort and park there to access the parks, especially parking at the Polynesian to get to Magic Kingdom and avoid a lot of lines at the parking center.

No brainer if you can fly for $100 each, even $200 each is a deal.

Comment

Thomas and I are flying this summer. Less than $400 for 2 tickets round trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I used to drive there a few times a year. 14 hour drive at night. Pass the time by playing “count the Waffle Houses”.

Comment

FLY!! We are flying to Disney land in about 3 weeks. The drive would ruin the whole trip for us. There are 9 of us going though.

Comment

We have made that drive every other years for 8 years. We would rather drive than fly. We push to get there then enjoy our time at Disney or universal. We take our time coming home and always make a detour to check out different areas

Comment

Working...
                                X