RV Electrical ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RV Electrical ??

Went to check out our RV's at the lease today. Back on the last week of deer season we had high winds come thru and lost power in the whole area for a extended time. Son had back surgery and I've been under the weather so the 1st time with decent weather to go check things out.

I had gone home early and my son left the next day but there were problems from the outage. Now, my RV's fridge, microwave and TV + Sat box have power but NOTHING else does. Plugs are dead, lights won't come on with NO breakers tripped.

Landon's RV is completely dead, no power at all. No breakers tripped at the pole and his RV has no breakers tripped either.

Any ideas on the problem/problems? We have the RV repair guy out of San Angelo coming hopefully the end of the week but I'm curious.

Thanks...Kuma!

As far as plugs and lights they do have fuses. Gad a problem with lights and plus on mine. Found 2 fuses blown. They are 7.5 amp fuses. Might look at those.

Comment

May have burned up the inverter but not sure on plugs not working. GL!

Comment

Do you have a fault circuit breaker on any of your plugs?

Comment

Inverter is what my son thinks it is, who the Hell knows, lol? Always something at the Deer Camp.

Comment

reset the gfi outlets

Comment

Originally posted by wsteffen View Post
              reset the gfi outlets
              tried this today, no go? Oh, previous response..where the HELL are the fuses you mentioned??

Comment

Sometimes there are fuses in the inverter.

Comment

Try turning the breakers off and back on. Sometimes one will trip, but not move to the center.

Comment

Take a meter and start at the incoming power. Work your way in to see where you lose power. I agree with turning breakers off and back on. Make sure to push in when turning on. My fuses are near the water pump under the couch close to the inverter. Check both sides of those with your meter. Good luck.

Comment

Are both trailers on the same source? Are you sure the power is restored by the Electric co.?

Comment

Except for the plugs not working I would say inverter. Same thing happened to mine last year after lightning strike close to my camper. Anything in my camper that was 12 volt didn't work. Check battery voltage also.

Comment

RV Electrical ??

Check the panel that has the breakers that supply your outlet for the hook up. You could have a dead leg coming from the transformer. If good there follow advice above and check voltage at the plug, and at the inverter.

Do you have a 50a or 30a service for your camper?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Louis View Post
                            As far as plugs and lights they do have fuses. Gad a problem with lights and plus on mine. Found 2 fuses blown. They are 7.5 amp fuses. Might look at those.

Plugs aren’t on fuses as they are not 12V.

I would have an electrician check the panel. Sounds like a phase or neutral may be lost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

The converter is fried. You can get them for around 150. Everything for the RV electric runs off that 12v and 120v

Comment

Working...
                              X