No announcement yet.

Big Mistake, Lesson Learned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine didn't understand the hunting aspect when we first married. She has been with me a few times and enjoys sitting back reading a book and watching the wildlife. But when it is go time, she enjoys watching. She really enjoys seeing our 11yro sons smile and hearing his stories when we get back from a hunting trip.

Comment

My cousin married a city gal and she had her first experience of seeing an animal die last year. The whole family was in the blind because their daughter was trying to kill her first deer. My cousin said she put a shot high on a small buck, he dropped but wasn't dead. He hears his wife crying and she's looking through the binoculars and says; "It's not dead, he keeps trying to pick his head up". Eventually my cousin said you can stay here and cry but we're going to look at the deer.

After the whole family was done laughing at her (story was told at Christmas) she said it just wasn't what she expected. I told her that's not how it usually happens but it does on occasion. She didn't turn anti-hunter but I'm not sure how often she'll be sitting in a blind.

Comment

I wouldn't have offered to give them a ride back. Let'm walk. Dang if I would have slept on couch. She can do that . As far as the DIL , if I was your son, I would have told her go home if you want, I'm staying.

What did your son tell you after he got back? Divorce lawyer? LOL!

Comment

Thats messed up!!!!! She turn democrat on you?

Comment

Originally posted by EZ-10RANCH View Post
            No biggie. My wife is the same way. She’s fine with me hunting, eats wild game and goes with me to the ranch quite often. She’s never once held me back from what I love and I respect her for that. Back when we were dating I took her bow hunting and ended up killing a doe. She did get upset but I didn’t get the cold shoulder lol. She decided then, that hunting wasn’t her thing but respected that it was my thing. Good luck and don’t mind the tough guys thumping away on their keyboards.
            It's not a matter of being a "tough guy". It's more a matter of being a realist, and not a hypocrite. I can respect a vegan more than I can someone who complains about me shooting "a pretty deer" while chomping on a burger and wearing leather shoes and toting a leather purse.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
              I wouldn't have offered to give them a ride back. Let'm walk. Dang if I would have slept on couch. She can do that . As far as the DIL , if I was your son, I would have told her go home if you want, I'm staying.

What did your son tell you after he got back? Divorce lawyer? LOL!
              Or next time leave the gun but then floor the side x side and run over the pigs!

Then ask her what's the problem now?

Comment

My wife refuses to hunt and rarely eats wild game (yes, she is crazy), but she never tries to stop me from hunting and actually encourages my daughter to go with me. I will be danged if I would have slept on the couch in the OPs situation and they could have walked all the way home before I apologized about shooting a pig.

Comment

I wish my wife and daughters were half that way. Then I would have half the animals to clean

I think your son has a long row to hoe.

Comment

That sucks.

Comment

You definitely made a mistake, 40 years ago.

Your son seems to have made the same one.

Comment

Agree. Troll.

Comment

Next time their is a spider or something in the house refuse to kill it, and if she kills it start crying and caking her a murderer

Comment

My brother had the same thing happened to him. He went a step further and finished the hog off with a knife in front of his wife, and that was the end of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Bet this thread didn't turn out like you thought

Comment

Just one more thing for me to file away for when I think I am having bad day with the wife

Mine would have been mad that 6 escaped

BTW mine was born in New York and moved down here around the 8th grade and grew up in Irving until moving to the country in her early 20's
                                She does not hunt but will shoot anything that needs to be shot

Comment

Working...
                                X