Chewing cigars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chewing cigars

I know there are quite a few cigar smokers here, but I was wondering if anyone preferred to chew their cigars rather than just smoke them. I was talking to a guy last week that does this and I began thinking about it a bit more. I see him with a cigar pretty regularly but it's never lit, and surely it's not one of the same $6-$10 sticks I use.

Just wondering if there are any guys on here that do this, and if there are specific cigars made to chew or do people just find a preferred brand and chew rather than light.

I've heard of people doing that before. I'm pretty sure they get just whatever cigar they find and chew on it. I don't think one will taste any better than another. I chewed one up one time with some chewing tobacco I had in. Like....I'm talking chewed it clear up. My cigar chewing experience is limited but it doesn't taste awesome.

Comment

Guy I used to work with was constantly chewing on one. He used to smoke quite a bit and that was his way of quitting smoking from what I gathered from him. He didn't dip or use regular chew, only the cigars.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

I just threw up in my mouth...that is nasty!!

Comment

My good friend from HS had an uncle who would put one in his mouth every morning. He never lit it and never spit, but by the end of the day, it was just gone!

Comment

A good friend of mine chews some off the wall brand. I gave him one of my favorite cigars one time and he thanked me but handed it back saying he only chews his brand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My grandpa used to. Never saw a lit cigar and don't think he smoked but he'd have on in his mouth while working. Haven't see anyone do it in a long time

Comment

backwoods cigars taste pretty good. I wouldn't chew my cubans

Comment

My dad had a body man that chewed on one all day. He’s been gone for a while but I can still picture him sanding on a car, with the cigar in the corner of his mouth.

Comment

Ole boy I used to plumb with would chew a cig if he ran out of chewing tobacco. He also would keep a chew in one side of his mouth while eating lunch on the other side...

Comment

Tyson, are you wanting to be like Gardner? lol. I know the ones he chews are the ones that come in the cheap 5 packs

Comment

My buddy’s dad chews them. I’ve never seen him light one.

Comment

My grandfather chewed them for most of his life. I can't tell you how they tasted.

-john

Comment

Last one I chewed on turned me yellow!
                            I was a sick puppy

Comment

Originally posted by Javelin View Post
                              Tyson, are you wanting to be like Gardner? lol. I know the ones he chews are the ones that come in the cheap 5 packs
                              Ha! Yeah, I know he chews Phillies, but I was thinking particularly of Betts. Saw him with one at their appreciation party and he said it was a Cleopatra, but wasn't sure if it was specifically made for chewing or if he just preferred to chew vs smoke.

Comment

Working...
                              X