Online Degree?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Online Degree?

How many of you received your degree by taking 100% of your classes online?

If you did, what university? What is your degree in?

I’ve been thinking of getting mine.
    I was just looking at Liberty University....

Comment

My buddy is going through Arizona State right now but I forget what he’s getting his degree in but it’s 100% online and he’s working full time in Dallas so it’s a good schedule.

Comment

What do you want to do? Try and avoid the places like DeVry and University of Phoenix. There are plenty of mainstream universities offering BA degrees 100% online and prospective employers will never know whether you went to class on campus or in your living room.
        I'm sure the aforementioned universities are fine institutions, not knocking anyone for goin there but I think they haven't shaken the stigma of being nothing more than degree mills.

Comment

Texas A&M- Commerce has an online program that is really good. And probably the most affordable I have ever seen.

Comment

I’ve got my undergrad from TCU and my MBA from SMU (both 100% classroom degrees). That said, I am considering an online Masters in Theology (at a very slow pace). I have no professional need for the degree but I would love to have a deeper understanding of the Bible and supporting subjects.

Looking at the University of Dallas

Comment

Weatherford, AAS in Fire Department Administration.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckley99 View Post
                I’ve got my undergrad from TCU and my MBA from SMU (both 100% classroom degrees). That said, I am considering an online Masters in Theology (at a very slow pace). I have no professional need for the degree but I would love to have a deeper understanding of the Bible and supporting subjects.

Looking at the University of Dallas
                Gotcha, thought you were looking for an undergrad....

Comment

I am getting close to finishing my Master's degree right now through Sul Ross. Mad at myself for not doing it sooner.
                  Last edited by .270; 02-05-2018, 08:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SharpStix View Post
                    Gotcha, thought you were looking for an undergrad....
                    No worries. I agreed with your comments.

Comment

I would suggest that you avoid any of the for profit only universities. I have hired several people over the years and I always look at the university and if it is online only I don’t look at the rest of the resume.

Comment

Originally posted by alwaysinshorts View Post
                        I would suggest that you avoid any of the for profit only universities. I have hired several people over the years and I always look at the university and if it is online only I don’t look at the rest of the resume.
                        Not arguing it but I’m curious why its a dealbreaker for you?

Comment

Originally posted by Buckley99 View Post
                          Not arguing it but I’m curious why its a dealbreaker for you?
                          For me it was having the risk of that University losing their accreditation. I remember many years ago, several for profit Universities turned out to be nothing but diploma mills. PhD's and Master's degrees earned turned out to be worthless. There was a school here in San Antonio that the Feds said they would no longer offer financial aid to, the school closed down a few days later.

Comment

Originally posted by ecallarman View Post
                            Texas A&M- Commerce has an online program that is really good. And probably the most affordable I have ever seen.
                            True statement

Comment

Mid Western Baptist Theological Seminary has an online MDiV. It is a research degree so be aware, it’s is a big course load if you take more than one class at a time. I started out online...now I make trips for conferences and will travel with a group to Brazil next month on mission.

It is truly for the church. Let me know if you have any questions on it. I would be glad to answer.

Comment

Working...
                              X