Arrows corkscrewing in flight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arrows corkscrewing in flight

Point of impact is dead on. But arrow flight is funky. What could it be? I notice it more with broad heads than field points. Shooting slick trip and DRTs. Both 125 grain broadheads.

Following. Some of mine do this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

any fletching contact?

Comment

White cock vein? ��

Comment

Go see Rob!!!

Comment

Try turning the nock to the next c0ck vane. Also could be vane contact if this doesn't work.

Comment

Arrow contact with rest, bad form/grip, wrong arrow shaft stiffness. Start with paper tuning and go from there.

Comment

What spin on arrows, draw length and poundage. If I had to guess you need a stiffer arrow

Comment

Index your nocks. Shoot and spin your nocks until arrows fly right. Recently put nockturnal nocks on all my arrows and had to do 4 of them individually.

Comment

Originally posted by skeeter View Post
                    Point of impact is dead on. But arrow flight is funky. What could it be? I notice it more with broad heads than field points. Shooting slick trip and DRTs. Both 125 grain broadheads.
                    It could be nock pinch. Try pushing the bottom knot of your loop down slightly to relieve up pressure. If this cleans up flight, you can put a small serving in between knot and nock. If this is already done, probably not nock pinch. A telltale sign that it could be nock pinc is if the tip of the arrow tries to rise up as you draw.
                    Last edited by rocky; 08-02-2018, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Shoot your arrow with 100 grain point and see what happens

Comment

Nock point too high and fletching contact.

Comment

Originally posted by HighwayHunter View Post
                          Index your nocks. Shoot and spin your nocks until arrows fly right. Recently put nockturnal nocks on all my arrows and had to do 4 of them individually.

This. I was shooting double bevel DRTs and things were fine, but when I went to single bevel I had the same cork screw action. I started indexing my broadhead with my fletchings and no longer have any of that silliness. I think the 2 blades need more attention to this than the 3 or 4, but since you are having issues with Slick Trick as well maybe you have something else going on.

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
                            Arrow contact with rest, bad form/grip, wrong arrow shaft stiffness. Start with paper tuning and go from there.
                            ditto

Comment

Try what Fishndude suggested. My arrows did just that when I tried to go up in broadhead weight.

Comment

Working...
                              X