Child care....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smart View Post

Since you keep ignoring my answers. Here is the question for you. Is having a mother at home 24-7 the cure all for making kids better today? Or are kids in general just the product of a society that has loosened its overall values and morals through the years. I think you know the answer to that.

Back pat engaged.
    I've seen your answers, but you ignore the question. Why do you think kids in general are just a product of a society that has loosened its overall values and morals? Could it possibly be that there is less parental involvement/supervision?

Comment

Here is the question for you. Is having a mother at home 24-7 the cure all for making kids better today? Or are kids in general just the product of a society that has loosened its overall values and morals through the years. I think you know the answer to that.

Back pat engaged.
      And to answer your question, as I have said, no- regardless of parental involvement some kids turn out bad. Does alot of parental involvement turn out better kids? Mostly, yes. Does less parental involvement turn out more kids that are bad? Yes. Does less parental involvement always turn out bad kids? No.

Disagree or agree?

Comment

Your question is bogus as it pertains to stay at home moms versus working moms. There is no blanket correlation to that. There are plenty of welfare moms that stay at home with their POS kids all day long. There are plenty of xanaxed lace stay at home rich moms miserable in their being with POS kids. On the flip side there are plenty of solid kids raised by two working parents.

Since you keep ignoring my answers. Here is the question for you. Is having a mother at home 24-7 the cure all for making kids better today? Or are kids in general just the product of a society that has loosened its overall values and morals through the years. I think you know the answer to that.

Back pat engaged.
        I agree with Smart. We don’t have children, yet, but both plan to continue working (just as our parents did).

My wife has the drive to do more than just staying home with kids during the work day. She would be miserable doing that and wasting her talents. I know that’s not the same for everyone. As others have mentioned, kids are only home full time for a few short years. What is a stay at home parent doing all day while kids are at school that benefits them so greatly?

My wife has a great career that will allow BOTH of us to spend much more time with children in the long run. I’m very thankful for her and appreciate all moms, especially those balancing career and family that do so much more.

Comment

Buckley brought up a good point and it reminds me of what i see as a larger issue than 2 working parents or single parent households is that society as a whole (imo) has gotten away from the church. God’s involvement in a child’s life is just as important as a parent. Growing up it teaches you moral framework and generally how to good decent person. Without the church to help imbed these principals that leaves a whole lot on the parents

Comment

Originally posted by flyby View Post
            Ask your dad about the kids he dealt with. LE for 24 years. 90% of the kids I deal with are single parent or two parent full time working parents.

Never said it can't work, just saying that a parent at home that's always there is the better option.
            How do you know if 90% is unreasonable? What if 90% of households where you work have two working parents - then these stats would be perfectly normal.

I was raised by a single mom who went to night school and worked two jobs. She is 65 and still works two jobs. I went to my moms college graduation.

I ended up with two degrees from a&m and am a CPA. There are plenty of ways to create a loving environment even with no stay at home parents. My wife stays home with our kids now. My neighbor is a stay at home dad. Just don't make excuses and be a good parent. Most times the kid will turn out pretty good.

Comment

Child care....

I've seen your answers, but you ignore the question. Why do you think kids in general are just a product of a society that has loosened its overall values and morals? Could it possibly be that there is less parental involvement/supervision?

Wait you didn’t answer my question?[emoji23]. Do you think a mother at home 24-7 would solve all the worlds moral and values loosening and why?

Everything is looser compared to when my parents grew up and their parents grew up.. parents morals values, clothes, haircuts, expression, movies, TV shows, media, books, video games, drugs, interaction with other kids now... 24-7 via social media. Does society have these things because a mom didn’t stay at home with their kids while Dad worked long hours to make ends meet? Or is it that each subsequent generation is a little easier on their kids with looser morals and values because they didn’t want to raise their kids in as strict a home as they grew up in? I think it’s more of the latter..
              Last edited by Smart; 05-13-2018, 08:55 AM.

Comment

I heard Lil Tay went to daycare so the OP is probably right.

Comment

Doesn't matter....had the UP stated both parents should work and let someone else raise them......this thread would be even longer.
                  Now.....having campaign funds pay for day care.. .it us wrong. Happy Mother's Day!

Comment

Flyby,

Is your daughter married?
                    Does she have any children?

Will you force her to give up her career your so proud of if/when that time comes?

Comment

First thank you for you service as LE.
                      Your comment that 90% of your contact with youth is single parrent or both working Parents. Thats like a Dr. saying 90% of the kids I see are sick, DUH! Never took my kids to the Dr, and said Hey Doc Just wanted you to see little Johnny and how healthy he is. Thats not 90% of all Kids.

Do I think that kid are worse now than 20-30-40 years ago. Yes and no. I dont see near the respect and courtesy that was taught years ago, both to adults and their classmates. There is still a huge portion and I will guess its 85-90% of kids who are great kids. I blame this decline were seeing on social media Farce book, Tweeter, Instakrap and the parents who allow it. There is no way a 9-10 yr old can correctly process the large amount of Bovine defacation that ends up there.

I have 3 boys and my wife and I worked full time and they attended daycare. I feel the key, at least to our sucess was the moment we got home it was total involvement with them. From schoolwork to sports to playtime. and it was that way untill they graduated

My boys are now 44 and the twins are 39, all three own their own business's and the mothers work too. I have 5 granddaughters and 2 grandsons none have been allowed social media untill they are 16. None have ever been in trouble with the law.
                      Am I bragging, maybe.

All said, I belive this slow decline is mostly based on Lazy parenting.
                      I learned years ago your return is based on your investment.

Comment

Wait you didn’t answer my question?[emoji23]. Do you think a mother at home 24-7 would solve all the worlds moral and values loosening and why?

Everything is looser compared to when my parents grew up and their parents grew up.. parents morals values, clothes, haircuts, expression, movies, TV shows, media, books, video games, drugs, interaction with other kids now... 24-7 via social media. Does society have these things because a mom didn’t stay at home with their kids while Dad worked long hours to make ends meet? Or is it that each subsequent generation is a little easier on their kids with looser morals and values because they didn’t want to raise their kids in as strict a home as they grew up in? I think it’s more of the latter..
                        I 100% agree with Smart for a change!

Originally posted by texasrazor View Post
                        First thank you for you service as LE.
                        Your comment that 90% of your contact with youth is single parrent or both working Parents. Thats like a Dr. saying 90% of the kids I see are sick, DUH! Never took my kids to the Dr, and said Hey Doc Just wanted you to see little Johnny and how healthy he is. Thats not 90% of all Kids.

Do I think that kid are worse now than 20-30-40 years ago. Yes and no. I dont see near the respect and courtesy that was taught years ago, both to adults and their classmates. There is still a huge portion and I will guess its 85-90% of kids who are great kids. I blame this decline were seeing on social media Farce book, Tweeter, Instakrap and the parents who allow it. There is no way a 9-10 yr old can correctly process the large amount of Bovine defacation that ends up there.

I have 3 boys and my wife and I worked full time and they attended daycare. I feel the key, at least to our sucess was the moment we got home it was total involvement with them. From schoolwork to sports to playtime. and it was that way untill they graduated

My boys are now 44 and the twins are 39, all three own their own business's and the mothers work too. I have 5 granddaughters and 2 grandsons none have been allowed social media untill they are 16. None have ever been in trouble with the law.
                        Am I bragging, maybe.

All said, I belive this slow decline is mostly based on Lazy parenting.
                        I learned years ago your return is based on your investment.
                        Yes, yes, yes...

Comment

I'm sure this is going to get nasty, but.......

Just saw on Fox about the FEC saying Liuba Shirley can use campaign donations to finance child care. Is it just me....?

When my wife and I decided to have children she insisted, and I didn't object, that she wanted to stay home with the children. She didn't work from the time our children were born until my youngest was about 14. She was always there in the morning to do breakfast and get them to school, always there when they got home from school. We made alot of sacrifices, reduced income, me working lots of extra jobs. I missed alot of my kids extracurricular activities due to work- and still have regrets- but I always knew they had that anchor. My wife was ALWAYS there for them.

We have two wonderful, productive adults in society today due to those sacrifices, and I am very thankful we did things the way we did.

I know it's difficult in these days to have a single income and children, but is it due to everyone wanting more for themselves and less responsibility to family?

In my line of work, I can say I deal with "troubled" youth 10X more if they are from single parent families or families with both parents that work full time.

Don't mean to offend those with two working parents, but it seems to me that pawning off child care to others is counterproductive. If you really want a "family" why not plan to have a family that doesn't involve strangers raising your kids?
                          Are you objecting to child care, or the fact that she can use campaign funds to pay for it?

Comment

Originally posted by kfd82 View Post
                            Are you objecting to child care, or the fact that she can use campaign funds to pay for it?
                            I think he started at the campaign funds....turned left a little.....and got ambushed

Comment

You seem somewhat intelligent but do you know what the word never means? Most of your statements are about as one sided and wrong as can be or you don't understand the words you're using. You may want to re read everything you have typed from the beginning and take a second and try to figure out what you are actually trying to say.

You may have never (in the correct term) been there for your kids but there are multiple parents in a single income family and double that chose careers that paid the bills without working crazy hours where they wouldn't see their child. My wife wakes my kid up every day we eat breakfast together. Spend about 3 hours at home then he gets dropped off to daycare (preschool) around 930 every day and I typicalls pick him up between 3-4 depending if I'm taking classes or no that semester. My wife's off every Friday so this is for 4 days a week.
                              Once school starts he will have to be in school longer that that. Daycare is our choice because we want him to socialize with others, learn in different environments etc. Wife stayed home for a year, grandma watched him for a while then we decided he wasn't getting enough interaction with kids his own age.

Also can you explain your statistics? Are these posted for the area you work? Nationwide? What percent of families in that area have 1 parent at home full time? I'm just trying to get an idea of what your statistics really is based on the community you're quoting it from

Hmmm....single parent who works and never around for child........versus one parent home all the time. Totally different world. Taking things out of context. Did I miss alot? Yes. Did I teach my children to hunt and fish, yes. Did I spend as much time with them as I wish I could have? No. Was their mother ALWAYS there? Yes.
                              Last edited by SCREAMINREELS; 05-13-2018, 10:05 AM.

Comment

Child care....

Originally posted by bwssr View Post
                                I think he started at the campaign funds....turned left a little.....and got ambushed

I think you have it backwards...think he used the campaign fund story as merely a leadin to his stay at home moms are better for the world than working moms opinion.

Comment

Working...
                                X