High temp paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

High temp paint

I'm about to refurbished my trailer pit and need some good quality high temp paint. Any recommendations besides Rustoleum?

If you have the ability to blast it first, the high temp cerakote would be a cool option?

Comment

KBS Xtreme Temperature Coating is a high temperature/heat resistant coating and header paint formulated specifically to protect metal surfaces operating at temperatures from 500 degrees F to 1500 degrees F.

Comment

I've never had much luck with any hi temp paint but then again, I've just used the spray can from Home Depot or where ever. Seems to not last very long, especially if it is out on the elements.

Comment

I went with 2 coats of expensive Sherwin Williams paint after sandblast.

Lasted 2 years....

Comment

Originally posted by abilliott View Post
            If you have the ability to blast it first, the high temp cerakote would be a cool option?
            It'll definitely be blasted

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter94 View Post
              I've never had much luck with any hi temp paint but then again, I've just used the spray can from Home Depot or where ever. Seems to not last very long, especially if it is out on the elements.
              Originally posted by bboswell View Post
              I went with 2 coats of expensive Sherwin Williams paint after sandblast.

Lasted 2 years....
              That's been my experience too. I'd like this paint job to last a while.

Comment

Originally posted by waterdog View Post
                Do you have personal experience with that?

Comment

I went to a Sherwin Williams Industrial Store and they asked how high of TEMP I WAS WANTING IT for. This is a store that supplies a lot of the paint for the plants

Comment

Spend the money and get it powder coated if possible. Any field applied paint will not hold up.

Comment

We powder coated the pit we built for my work location. 10 years sitting outside and it still looks pretty good. It has faded some but a rattle can pit would be all rusted up by now.

Comment

I use thurmalox paint made by Dampney company on the grills I build. It seems to hold up pretty good. I buy it a couple gallons at a time and I think it's just under $70 a gallon. I believe they make it in different colors also.

Since 1917, Dampney Company, Inc. of Everett, Mass., has designed, developed, manufactured, and distributed engineered coating systems for specialized applications. Dampney serves the refining, petro chemical, chemical processing, oil & gas, pipeline, power, OEM, pulp & paper, and materials processing markets supplying high-performance, high temperature solutions throughout the world.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions. Keep them coming!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Por15

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Had several customers that spoke highly of using John Deere high temp muffler paint for their grills and smokers. Never done it myself, but never had the need.
                              B

Comment

Working...
                              X