Processors---location and Reviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by huntingfanatic View Post
    Neils taxidermy and processing in Whitt. Incredible taxidermist and does a great job processing. Jalapeno/cheese sticks are the best around and you will get your own deer back. Great guy
    Anyone been to Teel’s in weatherford?

Comment

Any reviews on Rays in Breckinridge? What other options in the Breckinridge / Graham area?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Double-O-Dave View Post
        Hudson's uses Klein's to process some of their products. We tried Hudson's one year. I think their products are good, but then I found out they commingle meat - so it's doubtful you get your deer back. Also, their receiving area for wild game (in the back) doesn't smell too good. Compare and contrast that with Smokey Denmark's - very efficient, ultra clean receiving area, and they don't commingle meats - the game you drop off is the game used in the finished product you pick up. Actually, I think Hudson's products actually taste better, but all is irrelevant now as Smokey Denmark no longer processes wild game due to high staff turnover. Dang shame, now we are searching for a good processor in the Austin area.

Regards,

Dave
        I used Hudson's for the first time last year. I got a bunch of different things made from the deer to try them out. As far as the quality of the product goes, everything is/was very good. No Complaints. However, I do have a weird feeling after the experience after finding out that the meat I got back wasn't my deer only. When dropping my meat off, the guy in front of me opened his cooler where I see mangled meat from the gun shots and stomach matter everywhere on the meat. Hudson's threw it all in the basket, sprayed it off with a water hose, weighed it, and threw it in the meat pile. I take a lot of pride in keeping my meat clean just to have it thrown in with everyone else. I may use them again for one deer to get their chop steaks or something, but I too would like to find a good processor close to Austin who uses YOUR deer meat and no one elses.

Does anyone know how Hudson's goes about things if I where to bring them something other than whitetail? What if I brought them antelope or axis meat? Would they throw it in the same piles as the whitetail? Or would they process your meat separately in that situation? Hmmm.

Comment

Originally posted by jkk831 View Post
          Anyone been to Teel’s in weatherford?
          Only once, never again. Terrible service and totally inedible Summer sausage.

Comment

Originally posted by happy bowhunter View Post
            I have been using Griffiths in Burnet for a lot of years,i little higher than some,but best I have used
            X2, Best smoked link I've had. Breakfast sausage is good as well.

Comment

Originally posted by 44mAG View Post
              I used Hudson's for the first time last year. I got a bunch of different things made from the deer to try them out. As far as the quality of the product goes, everything is/was very good. No Complaints. However, I do have a weird feeling after the experience after finding out that the meat I got back wasn't my deer only. When dropping my meat off, the guy in front of me opened his cooler where I see mangled meat from the gun shots and stomach matter everywhere on the meat. Hudson's threw it all in the basket, sprayed it off with a water hose, weighed it, and threw it in the meat pile. I take a lot of pride in keeping my meat clean just to have it thrown in with everyone else. I may use them again for one deer to get their chop steaks or something, but I too would like to find a good processor close to Austin who uses YOUR deer meat and no one elses.

Does anyone know how Hudson's goes about things if I where to bring them something other than whitetail? What if I brought them antelope or axis meat? Would they throw it in the same piles as the whitetail? Or would they process your meat separately in that situation? Hmmm.

I had portions of an elk processed there two years ago. Elk, exotics (over a minimum weight) get processed completely separate. They did a fantastic job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Klein's in boerne is really all we use now and we are in Houston. worth the drive every time

Comment

Stonewall Smokehouse has been the best I’ve ever used. You get your meat, price is great, and you receive excellent service. Ask Rodney to show you the cutting room, the place is spotless. I won’t use anyone else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
                    I am taking my deer to Kovosovics in rosenberg again for summer sausage. I am also going to take some to Bellville meat market for some of the dirty rice sausage
                    How do you compare the 2? I have only used Bellville but hear things about Rosenberg.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                      Hudsons in Austin

Kleins in Boerne. They own both. Both are amazing.
                      they separate owns now

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Whiskers View Post
                        Texan Taxidermy and Processing in Tomball
                        17413 FM 2920
                        Tomball, Tx
                        Great Processing and taxidermy work
                        X2

Great sausage, summer sausage and hot sticks. Pleased with my nilgia and elk mount as well!

Comment

Originally posted by Fmjag64 View Post
                          Fischer's Meat Market in Muenster Tx
                          Close thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Colton View Post
                            Close thread.
                            Seriously though, Hudson’s is a very good choice in Austin. Bon Ton in Kyle also.

Comment

Processors---location and Reviews

I use a place in Winnie Texas and it’s the best place I have ever used. I have had deer processed in multiple places in TX, NC, SC, LA, and the place in Winnie beats them all.

I have also had several other deer sausage from multiple places and nothing beats what I get.

For the life of me I can’t remember the name of the place lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Gherkin05 View Post
                                Stonewall Smokehouse has been the best I’ve ever used. You get your meat, price is great, and you receive excellent service. Ask Rodney to show you the cutting room, the place is spotless. I won’t use anyone else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

X2 on Stonewall Smokehouse. They grind your meat and clean the grinder in between every deer processed. They will grind any percentage of beef shoulder or pork into the deer you want. Chop steaks are great.

Their smoked sausage, snack sticks, and dry sausage are lights out.

Prices are reasonable.

Comment

Working...
                                X