Tyler's Buck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tyler's Buck

We got to camp about 4:30 Friday afternoon, and quickly unloaded and started getting ready to make a short hunt that evening. This is when I realized that my backpack that was not where it usually is at the home, was not at camp either! Which meant I had no release. Dang it! At first I thought oh well, I'll just scout and video. But the more I thought about it and the weather being as good as it was suppose to, I decided to run to Del Rio and see if Walmart had one. Tyler asked if he could take my video camera since I wasn't going, "sure". So off we go in separate directions.

I get to Hwy 90, about 50 min into the hour and 15 min drive and get a call. It's Tyler, "turn around and come help me track this deer and you can use my release since I should be tagged out!" So I turn around and head back to meet him at his gate. He goes back to camp and watches the video. Confirms that the hit is good.

We pick up the blood trail and I could smell gut. "Did you gut shoot him?" NO! So now, I'm getting a little worried that I was that close to Del Rio and still not going to have a release to use. But there was a good blood trail and he didn't go 50yds. His stomach was hanging out the exit wound when we found him. At first we thought "Holy heck, those G5 broad heads are bad to the bone" After getting him hung up and skinned, I'm pretty sure a fox got to him. The ribs at the exit were picked clean.

I'm still learning on editing and videoing. Tyler did a great job of propping up the camera to get the shot. I think he set it on the extra chair, plus the camera case and his knife blade to get it right. LOL. Hopefully I get it downloaded correctly.

video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

Last edited by brianlg31; 10-30-2017, 07:12 AM.

Is the video playing for y'all? The sound plays for me but the video is frozen. Any suggestions?

Comment

The video worked for me.

Nice buck. Congrats to Tyler.

Comment

video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bone Thug View Post
          The video worked for me.

Nice buck. Congrats to Tyler.
          Must be something on my IPad. Thanks

Comment

nice congrats

Comment

Congrats to Tyler! Great buck!

Comment

Congrats on a nice buck & video

Comment

Originally posted by brianlg31 View Post
                  Must be something on my IPad. Thanks
                  Yeah, my I pad always has trouble with videos too. Congrats

Comment

nice shot

Comment

Worked for me....Nice shot! Great buck...Congratulations

Comment

Fanstastic shot, didn't waste anytime, it presented a shot and took it...quickly. Congrats

Comment

Cool vid. Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                            Fanstastic shot, didn't waste anytime, it presented a shot and took it...quickly. Congrats

No I edited about 40 mins of it out. He was going nuts because the buck would eat then get walk out of range then come back. Played cat and mouse with forever he said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice deer, shot and video.

Comment

Working...
                              X